Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slab0meat
    • May 2010

Re: Forum Suggestion

Glad to hear the opinions, it'd be nice to have it consolidated. Sounds like it's not possible since threads will be merged (or however it was called), but a simple thread title for each was what I had in mind...

Something like "MLB - Cardinals" or "MLB Cardinals Contact Info", or whatever (I use the MLB because of an example like the Cards, in more than one sport).. Some contact info threads posted now say "team store" or are asking a question "DBacks contact?" or whatever.

Anyway, I appreciate the time. Thanks.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Seriously, this information is better from a spreadsheet which could be updated with the best information. I would hate to fumble around through all the posts each time we are tracking down info. I could probably get a master list up with the information already on the forum sometime next week time permitted and then could get input as to the accuracy of what I have accumulated. Then we can fill in the blanks where necessary. I can then uploaded to a dedicated thread as an attachment for every member to use and members to give updated information. updates will be listed and then updated periodically to the master.

We did this for Yankees armbands and patches. Why not one for game used contacts.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi
        Seriously, this information is better from a spreadsheet which could be updated with the best information. I would hate to fumble around through all the posts each time we are tracking down info. I could probably get a master list up with the information already on the forum sometime next week time permitted and then could get input as to the accuracy of what I have accumulated. Then we can fill in the blanks where necessary. I can then uploaded to a dedicated thread as an attachment for every member to use and members to give updated information. updates will be listed and then updated periodically to the master.

We did this for Yankees armbands and patches. Why not one for game used contacts.
        That would be a good start Joel. The creation of a separate section for MLB Team GU contact and info would allow members to provide feedback and interact in the threads regarding each team. Would the membership want that ability or just a list of contacts posted?
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• slab0meat
          • May 2010

Finding a thread of a team shouldn't be THAT difficult with a dedicated forum. It will also allow people to post experiences or just general info they've found out, or if certain people will work with you on a price, anything.

Comment

• MLB~NUT
            • Feb 2011

We need this, lets do it, cmon guys

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

It looks as if GUU has reached a solution. I just checked the "Exceptionally Educational Threads" heading and saw numerous recent posts on team website/stores listed there. I can live with that.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• slab0meat
                • May 2010

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                It looks as if GUU has reached a solution. I just checked the "Exceptionally Educational Threads" heading and saw numerous recent posts on team website/stores listed there. I can live with that.

Dave Miedema
                One would think so, maybe... BUT... the fact that most threads there were last from 2011, people in THIS thread didn't even know they were there, and people keep posting/asking about GU contacts in the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion thread makes that Educational thread seem unknown/unused..

Comment

• metsbats
                  • Nov 2005

Yes for now i've moved all the team contact /info threads to the "expectionally educational threads". This can be in interim solution until we can create some sort of new forum for this. As moderators we don't have the ability to create new forums and can only move threads around. We can ask Chris for permission to do something more long term.

This is good first step as all team contact/info threads will at least be consolidated and easier to find the EET forum.

David
                  metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

The other alternative (since we don't have access to add new sections) was to create a single thread in EET called "MLB TEAM CONTACT/INFO" and post all team contact info discussions into that single thread. While it gives us the one stop shopping it forces you to search the thread for specific team/info and discussions which may be quite painful.

The current solution at least will give each team it's own thread and we can only at most have 30 threads (at least until the next expansion).

As we expand to other sports it will get crazier.

For this reason the suggestion to make a new forum (ie MLB team contact/discussions, NFL team contacts/discussions, etc) may be better.

David
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

Working...