Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: national 2012

Re: national 2012

I am heading up this evening and Saturday morning. I may drop by on Friday afternoon for a while as well. Anybody interested in connecting, drop me an email.

I should be there on Saturday. I'm lookin forward to it.

Just got back from the preview night. Not a huge amount of game used and much of the inventory there was there two years ago. I stopped by the Goldin Auctions booth for a while and it looks like they have the makings of a strong initial auction with some great items and a good approach to the business.

Many of the same dealers with the same booths and similar inventory, some inventory. I recognized several jerseys from last year in Chicago and two years ago in Baltimore. No JO Sports and several of the larger auction houses had interesting displays from the upcoming auctions but not much for sale on the spot. Steiner had a nice booth with some reasonable prices on Yankees and Red Sox items.

I tried to make a deal on a nice Peyton Hillis Browns jersey from a dealer but couldnt get close to the asking price ($1800).

I walked away with some nice photos and baseballs to display with some of my All Star and World Series jerseys but nothing game used.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    I should be there on Saturday. I'm lookin forward to it.
    Wade call me sat we can meet up will be there everyday with Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I will be there on Friday. For anyone around on the weekend, Nationals Park is 35 miles away and home every day thru the weekend. Friday is a 1 ticket doubleheader with the Marlins.

Andrew, just checking I know that it was mentioned on another post that you or Brett would be opening your Art of the Game store at Camden Yards possibly Thursday or Friday. Do you know at this point if you will be doing that and what time?

I would love to stop by if you guys will be open.

Thanks

Jeb

Had fun at day 1 of the National.Hung out with a few forum members and looking forward to meeting up with a few more members throughout the week.I thought the prices were high on most things I had interest in so I hope the prices go down.I will have items as well with me to sell if any member wants to meet up and say hi email me and I can give you my info as I will be there everyday.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post
    Andrew, just checking I know that it was mentioned on another post that you or Brett would be opening your Art of the Game store at Camden Yards possibly Thursday or Friday. Do you know at this point if you will be doing that and what time?

I would love to stop by if you guys will be open.

Thanks

Jeb
    Jeb, sorry. Just got back. Didn't see your post. Brett opened up this afternoon for several Forum members.

Here's our gallery number in Camden Yards for anyone who wants to stop by: 410-244-8841
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Was happy to pick this up yesterday at The National...1981 Orioles Cal Ripken Sr. road with cigarette pocket:

Day 3 of the National and it is fun to walk around and look at all the one of a kind items dealers are selling and what auction houses have up on display.Sold and traded some items and bought some stuff and 2 more days to go.Saw Ricky Henderson walking around and went up to him and got my pic taken with him.Gonna frame that one as I was always a fan of his.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Geoff

Thats cool that you saw Rickey. I can't image that many of the people there signing autographs would walk the floor. I would think they would be hounded at first sight. Everything is so secretive with the signings. The stars are brought in through back doors, limited contact, have reps standing next to them every moment..there in and out. The way those promoters structure those signings clearly show that it's all about "business" $$$$.

Interesting to see all the "special" restrictions associated with certain signers. Some won't sign some certain things or won't sign their name a certain way. Who decides what will be charged, solely the player? or both player and promoter? I see that some autos cost way more then others. I guess it wouldn't be right for someone to wait in line all day to get an autograph for big $$$, then later someone else happens to see that player on the street corner or at a bar near near the convention center and ask for an autograph.