Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

News From Eric- Please Read

Hey everyone.

For almost 2 years the Game Used Forum has brought collectors, dealers and authenticators together to discuss the hobby we love. The forum has empowered collectors to have their voices heard, and helped people make more informed purchases. It has been my pleasure to moderate the discussions. It has helped me learn an incredible amount, and introduced me to some great people, who I can call friends.

It is with regret that I announce that Thursday October 19th will be my last day as moderator. This job takes a tremendous amount of time. As the forum has expanded, so have the time commitments. Because of family and work obligations, I no longer can provide the proper energy to do the forum justice.

I would like to thank all the people at Game Used Universe for support in helping make the forum what it is today. In fact, I will be turning the reigns over to Chris Cavalier, whom I fully trust will bring the forum to the next level. His announcement of my replacement will follow. A big thank you goes to Chris and GUU for their dedication to the hobby.

I’m not leaving the forum, I’ll be staying on as a Game Used Universe advisor, and will still be an active participant in the daily postings, just not in a 24/7 capacity.

I am very proud of the work everyone here has done and will continue to do. I thank everyone for your participation, information, and enthusiasm toward the goal of making the hobby better.

Now it’s my turn to enjoy the hobby from the other side. I’ll see you on the forum.

Again, thanks for everything.

Eric
    ecky3@aol.com

Re: News From Eric- Please Read

Eric,

Thanks for making this vision a reality. The type of research discussed here on a daily basis simply did not exist among collectors prior to the birth of this forum. I know you are modest, but your efforts have truly revolutionized the hobby. We all appreciate your efforts, and personally speaking, I am grateful for your friendship. We all thank you for your time, patience, and commitment to this site.

Rob
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Eric - You have created a very unique community here which has been educational and fun to be a part of.

I personally thank you for the knowledge I have gained from the Forum and also for the new friends I have found on here.

I know I have said this to you before, if I can ever help you with any items personally---please call.

Thanks. Andrew
    www.AllstarsPlus.com

Banned

Eric you will be misssed!!!

Especially all the moments you kept me in line lol lol.

You have brought good energy and patience to the hobby!!

Godd Luck!!!

Eric,

Tremendous thanks. Your contribution is unprecedented. Chris is up to the task, I am sure, and I thank you both for your tireless efforts and substantial successes.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Thanks Eric! I don't know how you have done it for so long. This forum has helped a lot of people, including myself, learn so many different aspects of the hobby. Everyone in the hobby knows about this site, whether they contribute or not, and it has made an impact. We all owe you! Thanks again!

Thank you for the great work you have done. You may have had the most challenging job of them all! Best wishes and Good luck with any future endeavors.

Many Thanks,

Nate

Eric
    If you hadn't created this forum, by now I would have completed all the missions on "Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas".
    But seriously, a sincere "thanks" for your hard work!

Grove Street 4 Life!
    Warren

Yes also Eric i say thanks for starting this whole thing up.As i have learned alot over the past year about Game used Items and have bought a few from Forum members as well.Thanks Geoff

Eric, thanks for all!

Ken