Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bobby Bonds Cardinals jersey on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    i am the seller...
    thanks for clearing it up ...
    so i am guessing the spring training jersey is lesser value than the gamers ?
    or this jersey has a value because its only bonds cardinals out there since cardinals did recycled their jerseys ?
    let me know
    thanks
    marcus
    We know it's a spring training jersey... we're simply speculating it could be the "only" Cardinals Bonds jersey. The regular-season jerseys (home/road, sets 1/2) could be out there somewhere. Now that you know what you have and that you have a potential buyer, I hope you guys can work something out that makes you both happy.

great
    many thanks for all help
    thats why i love this forum !
    marcus

Talking Re: Bobby Bonds Cardinals jersey on ebay

There is at least one Bonds Cardinals road jerseys out there...It's tagged Rawlings 1980 set 1 in the tail...

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Baseball By The Numbers lists Bonds as wearing both 00 and 26 in 1980. It seems likely however that Jeff is correct, as number 26 was also worn by pitcher Don Hood. Hood was signed as a free agent by the Cards on 3/13/80, and released following the season on 10/25/80. Since Hood appeared in 35 games for the Birds that year, it is likely that he was on the roster all season, and was given number 26 sometime between 3/13/80 and the start of the season (presuming he was on the opening day roster.)

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
    Baseball Almanac shows Hood on Roster as 26 and Bonds as 00 for 1980 as well:

1980 St Louis Cardinals Roster

- Smitty

I just wanted to thanks you guys here on GUU and the seller Marcus (MCHMAJ), for assisting me and providing great insight on a grail that I happily bought....a Bobby Bonds Cards Spring jersey 1980. I got the green light from a major authenticator and will soon be shipping this to Mediema for a second opinion. Luckily over the years I was also to find a matching 1980 Bonds Game worn hat and Bat #00. I was also able to find a spring training picture photomatching Bobby wearing the jersey.

Widely overlooked and underrated, Bobby was an innovative player, and despite battling many demons, he showed unbelievable power and speed for that time period . He was in the top 5 of every statistical category (Strikeouts included) in the 1970s decade. 30/30 5 times!!!
    Ebay seller: mancaveauctions

Collecting Marlins Game Used jerseys, Jeff Conine,
    250 HR / 250 SB Club Members.