Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What are your guys thoughts about this jersey

I noticed this jersey the other day and curious about it? I didn't bid on it but noticed several people retracted their bids. Does it look like it used to be a real dodger jersey. I know the seller know about baseball stuff somewhat so obviously I'd think if there was a chance of this being a real Sandy jersey it wouldn't be on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200784445276...84.m1423.l2649

Banned

Cool Re: What are your guys thoughts about this jersey

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I noticed this jersey the other day and curious about it? I didn't bid on it but noticed several people retracted their bids. Does it look like it used to be a real dodger jersey. I know the seller know about baseball stuff somewhat so obviously I'd think if there was a chance of this being a real Sandy jersey it wouldn't be on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200784445276...84.m1423.l2649
    To me, IMHO, it looks like a team issued 1959 extra or unassigned jersey that was "turned into" a Koufax. Name in Tail tagging would be expected in a Koufax gamer issued for him, but not an extra jersey or a blank.

Dave Miedema

Re: What are your guys thoughts about this jersey

What does the "hall of fame" tag mean on such a jersey? Was this a retail jersey with added tags (set tag and embroidered 59') Is it common for there to be air holes in the armpit for jersey from that era.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: What are your guys thoughts about this jersey

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    What does the "hall of fame" tag mean on such a jersey? Was this a retail jersey with added tags (set tag and embroidered 59') Is it common for there to be air holes in the armpit for jersey from that era.
    The airholes in the gussets are normal for many, if not most, MLB flannel jerseys from that era, and the Rawlings "Hall of Fame" tag was their standard manufacturer's tag in the late 1950s and early 60's for MLB gamers.

Dave Miedema

Re: What are your guys thoughts about this jersey

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The airholes in the gussets are normal for many, if not most, MLB flannel jerseys from that era, and the Rawlings "Hall of Fame" tag was their standard manufacturer's tag in the late 1950s and early 60's for MLB gamers.

Dave Miedema
    Correct, Dave.
    The Hall of Fame tag was also used on some amateur jerseys from the era.

From a 1950s University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh flannel.