Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Getting Started

I have a few questions about memorabilia collecting and buying on ebay. Are there any dealers that sell fake memorabilia but do a very good job. I was wondering if this jersey was real: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eli-Marrero-2003...QQcmdZViewItem

and I was also wondering who are your favorites on ebay?

Re: Getting Started

I just signed up tonight and the first thread I went to was about a guy who bought a supposedly game used Jose Canseco bat, only to find it was game issued only. The seller than changed the appearance of the bat to make it look game used, so yes, there are some good frauders out there. You have to research carefully. Check the 2003 Cards jerseys and make sure there weren't any special patches that year. If it comes with a COA, it may be safe but even those can be faked. Also, feedback can be midleading. If a seller is good at faking items, others can be fooled as well. So research!!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by STLFan2003 View Post
    I have a few questions about memorabilia collecting and buying on ebay. Are there any dealers that sell fake memorabilia but do a very good job. I was wondering if this jersey was real: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eli-Marrero-2003...QQcmdZViewItem

and I was also wondering who are your favorites on ebay?

I've heard of Ball Park Heroes before (the seller of the auction). They have a pretty big list of game used on their site (www.ballparkheroes.net). And my most favorite on eBay would have to be Elite Sports Marketing. I've gotten some pretty good deals from them.

Banned

I highly recommend Ball Park Heroes....I have been doing business with them for over 12 years and never had a problem. You can totally trust Kim and David. !!!

Thanks,
    Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

I have dealt with the brothers at Ballpark Heroes on a number of occasions here and so have many of the other members. They are stand-up guys and I have personally never heard their names and the word 'fake' in the same sentence. If they are selling it, I would be very comfortable that it is the real thing.

Kudos on asking questions before bidding. In hindsight, there have been several times I've wished I had such patience and/or common-sense.

Ball Park Heroes is great. I've purchased quite a few items from them, over the years. Never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I did purchase a jersey that I later figured out was not "game worn" but simply a "team issued" jersey. After proving my point with box scores and dates the team wore the jersey, they refunded my money quickly. This was great considering it was years after I made the purchase. Top notch all the way.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

I have also had several transactions with BPH, all without a hitch.

Mark Sutton
    bigtime39@aol.com

thanks for the responses. I've heard of ESM and ASI most of their stuff seems to be New York. What do you guys think of "gameusedkid" on ebay. I dont see a reason for any problems with them, but I just wanted to check

Game used kid i have dealt with without a problem.I won a Soriano game used bat a few months ago on ebay from them.Fast shipping on the bat.Thanks Geoff

BPHeroes is as good as they come; that's one place where i'd feel totally comfortable buying something sight-unseen.

As for "gameusedkid", Ron sells great stuff, never seen a problem with his material, but he was busted for shill bidding recently and has caught a lot of flak for it.

If you're looking for bats, of course jtbats is fantastic, and so is zanebats, although when zane says a bat shows very light use, he means absolutely none!

Ken