Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Replica jerseys you wore as a kid

Errict Rhett orange Buccaneers jersey. Never owned an orange Rhett gamer, but did own a 1997 new logo Buccaneers Rhett gamer a while back.

Also, in the late 1980's and early 1990's finding jerseys with players names on the backs were not easy to come by. I did get a Don Mattingly jersey/shirt made to look like the Yankee's BP jerseys at the time when i was 10-12 years old. The jersey/shirt went away fast in the mid 1990's, then in the last 8 years or so has made a huge comeback to pedestrian fans which dominates MLB fan apparel at games now.

I wore lots of Jeff Bagwell jerseys growing up (surprise, surprise). Replicas, retail authentics, you name it.

As soon as I could afford it, I bought Bagwell jerseys. I've got several and was just looking at them today. Still love them just as much as day one.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    As soon as I could afford it, I bought Bagwell jerseys. I've got several and was just looking at them today. Still love them just as much as day one.
    Just to clarify, I mean gamers here.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I recently found a bunch of my old shirts from when I was in grade school. There was a Kenny Anderson, Don Mattingly, etc. Pretty cool to see those again.

Mine were all hoops. Michael Jordan, Chris Webber, Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Dennis Rodman, and Alan Henderson (IU). They're all still hanging in a closet at my parents house.

I also wore player model shoes. Shaq (with the pumps), Penny Hardaway, and those patent leather Jordans. I wanted the Barkleys so bad!
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

I only remember two: A 3/4 sleeve Packers #84 (for Carroll Dale, even though he was gone from the team at that point) and a Raiders' Cliff Branch. Both were some kind of cotton/poly blend that for some odd reason smelled like crayons.

I only remember two: A 3/4 sleeve Packers #84 (for Carroll Dale, even though he was gone from the team at that point) and a Raiders' Cliff Branch. Both were some kind of cotton/poly blend that for some odd reason smelled like crayons.

Oops, double post.
    I also remember taking a hacksaw to the facemask of my Packers helmet and turning the double bar into a single bar, so it would look more like a Lombardi-era one.
    -Guy