Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: How would ads on jerseys affect your desire to collect gamers?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would be more likely to buy jerseys with ads.

0 0%
  • I would be less likely to buy jerseys with ads.

10 58.82%
  • They don't affect jerseys' collectibility to me.

7 41.18%
  • Don't know/Don't care.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ads on Jerseys: Do they affect Collectibility?

I think Ads are great on minor league uniforms in all sports, not for the major leagues.

1) I worked for an area football team in the NIFL back in 2003. Those team need all the funds they can get. I can say that putting a Papa John's patch on our uniforms added $7,000 in revenue. And when the Gm of the tema made $38,000 a year and players got $300 per game, that $7,000 got stretched.

2) I think NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB uniforms should only be team name, number, last name, tema logo, and I guess manufacturer logos are ok, not thrilled with them, but helps in dating older jerseys and manufactuer logos aren't guady.

3) Also from players going to the minor to the majors, it gives a seperation from the minors to the majors. The cleaner look of not having the logo should be a small symbol to a small thing that minor league athletes look forward to when getting to the pinnacle in their sport.

Hypothtically speaking, it would have been a noteworthy quote if when Tommy Maddox came to the NFL from the XFl saying something like " It was nice getting away froma league where I had to advertise the WWE on my sholder. I will gladly trade the Steelers Logo for that, nice to be back in the NFL"

And no, WWE never had a patch on XFl jerseys, was just using that as an example...

Re: Ads on Jerseys: Do they affect Collectibility?

I dont like the idea of having ads on jerseys because it cheapens the look. However, I think it will serve as an additional reference point to authenticate them. Size, placement etc especially on pinstripe jerseys.