Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: IS your collection a Top 10 within your niche?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    The Astros have some BP Biggio's available... Over priced... But uncracked...
    yes true. 1-i won't buy for that reason; 2-i have that H176 model. thank you for looking.

Re: IS your collection a Top 10 within your niche?

Quote Originally Posted by gaytorhater703 View Post
    So which 11 are you missing??? Im interested to see which ones have been the hardest to find.
    Thanks for your interest.

I am missing the following players: Luis Alvarado, Ray Boone, Carmen Fanzone, Chuck Goggin, Ron Jackson, Che Hsuan Lin, Felix Mantilla, Ken Poulsen, George Smith, Ray Webster, and Ted Williams.

With the exception of Lin from this year all the rest are guys from the 60s or early 70s. Obviously the Williams is available but I was thinking that I might pick that up as one of my last. Also I like to find several rather than spend a ton on one.

I have loaned parts of the collection to the red sox, displayed at McCoy stadium home of the Pawsox and have even been able to donate to the baseball hall of fame so it has brought me a ton of pleasure and is a great distraction. I agree with another posted comment about the history reflected in a collection, I really feel that but for my gathering of these bats many would have been lost. Individually most are common bats of players who made little mark on the record books. Together, they reflect over a half century of history of the red sox.

Jeff

Soxbats@aol.com