IS your collection a Top 10 within your niche?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jake33
    • Nov 2005

IS your collection a Top 10 within your niche?

Just curious how many collectors on this site feel that within their niche of game used collecting that your collection is one of the top 10 within that niche on the planet.

We all know our own niches whether it be a specific team, era, players form your favorite college, individual player, jerseys that state "martinez" on the back, flapless helmets, or whatever that niche maybe.
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Re: IS your collection a Top 10 within your niche?

I collect athletes from my hometown and do not know of any others so I would say mine is #1

Also, without knowing for sure, since I have not seen every collection out there, I would venture to say my Jimmy Rollins player collection would crack the Top 10. Not for sheer quantity but for the quality of some of the items I have been able to acquire to date.

Originally posted by jake33
    Just curious how many collectors on this site feel that within their niche of game used collecting that your collection is one of the top 10 within that niche on the planet.

We all know our own niches whether it be a specific team, era, players form your favorite college, individual player, jerseys that state "martinez" on the back, flapless helmets, or whatever that niche maybe.
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• Preston
      • Mar 2010

According to Beckett, my Titans niche isn't bad
      Attached Files

Comment

• earlywynnfan
        • Oct 2005

I'd love to know how many out there have over 500 single-signed Negro League baseballs. I know I'm not in first, but I may make the top-10.

Also I am about the only person I know of who collects balls signed by WWII Vets, so I may be a winner there.

Ken

Comment

• cyclonenation
          • Nov 2008

Until someone shows otherwise, I think I am the top in my niche.

Comment

• Klattsy
            • Aug 2010

There are a couple of Aussie GU collectors down here now, Mat who is a lurker here and Beckster has a few Aussie + V-Tek items, but for size I think mine is but it is a big wide world down here and someone has to be outbidding me on all these MiLB auctions!

Mark.

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
              • Sep 2007

I would say I'm second to Godwulf in regards to Dbacks memorabilia and I've got a decent A's collection that could be top 10.

I know my baseball card collection is top 10. Prior to my mother passing away she was #4 on the PSA registry for T206 cards.

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

I'm guessing my Percival jersey collection is within the Top 10. Lol.
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• kudu
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Klattsy
                  There are a couple of Aussie GU collectors down here now, Mat who is a lurker here and Beckster has a few Aussie + V-Tek items, but for size I think mine is but it is a big wide world down here and someone has to be outbidding me on all these MiLB auctions!

Mark.
                  Mark, is there a big market down there for collecting GU cricket, AFL, NRL, and any other sports GU items? Just curious.

Comment

• ivo610
                    • Dec 2009

Of the collections I have seen for packer items I would say I am in the top 3. But I am sure there are a couple collections I haven't seen. In addition to whatever a couple players have and the equipment manager or other team employees. So to answer your question... I have no clue
                    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• camarokids
                      • Jun 2006

I may have one of the most complete collections of Devil Rays game used bats. Currently with 354 bats.

Needing only 24 players bats from 1998 to 2011 to have at least one bat of every position player to log in at least one official MLB at-bat.

Also a decent collection of their fielding gloves with 17.

There may be some others out there who have large collections?
                      Thank you,
                      David

This is my email address here!
                      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• camarokids
                        • Jun 2006

It would be interesting to know who has a major collection of Atlanta Braves bats!!!
                        Thank you,
                        David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• frikativ54
                          • Dec 2007

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if I'm in the top ten or top hundred with any of my game used collections. Perhaps there are others who feel the same way and eschew the hypercompetitiveness that sometimes runs rampant in game used collecting.

One of the biggest mistakes I made in my early collecting was trying to be "the best" in my niche. Now, after having collected for a few years, I've realized that it's okay to branch out, that I don't need to own my favorite player's every item. I constantly aim to collect only for the love of baseball.
                          Les Zukor
                          bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                          Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                          (617) 682-0408

Comment

• gingi79
                            • Aug 2007

No doubt top 10 Matt Diaz and unless there is a hoarder in Finland with all his Olympic jerseys and his minor league jerseys, who hasn't advertised the fact he has them, #1 Sami Salo collection in the world
                            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• camarokids
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by frikativ54
                              Personally, it doesn't matter to me if I'm in the top ten or top hundred with any of my game used collections. Perhaps there are others who feel the same way and eschew the hypercompetitiveness that sometimes runs rampant in game used collecting.

One of the biggest mistakes I made in my early collecting was trying to be "the best" in my niche. Now, after having collected for a few years, I've realized that it's okay to branch out, that I don't need to own my favorite player's every item. I constantly aim to collect only for the love of baseball.
                              I am into collecting what I do for me, not to compete with others. A lot of the players bats I need, most collectors would not want to own. I am just trying to complete a goal.

I also collect other teams based on players/teams I have met. Some items I buy just because they are neat to own based on their history.
                              Thank you,
                              David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...