X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adam-ky
    • Apr 2012

Re: August Pickups!!!

Originally posted by dnrapp
    My latest pick up from teh A's auction over the weekend. Group of 10 2011 locker name plates.

Interested in Selling the Willingham. He is my sons favorite Player!!
    Please email me at adamshrull@gmail.com

Comment

• bd300
      • Oct 2011

Please let me know if you are ever interested in selling the Recker nameplate. He's from the same area that I'm from. My email address is briandiehl@hotmail.com

Comment

• bxbomber13
        • Apr 2011

Just got this 2012 Robinson Cano Game Used Jersey from Steiner. This is a great addition to my collection and I'm very pumped about it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cano.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	685255

Click image for larger version

Name:	cano2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	685256

Comment

• Bondsgloves
          • Aug 2007

Picked up these shoes from a member of Team Tyson. I believe they are Bill Cartwrights. Not to familiar with basketball signatures. One Shoe is signed to Mike 9Mike tyson) the other to Rory (Rory Hollway, Tyson manager). Mike didn't know who these came from, any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• gameu08
            • Sep 2008

been a busy month heres my latest pickup a 2009 miguel cabrera game used phoenix bat hammered with usage

gotta thank ryan greenlee for hooking me up with my two cabrera bats...hes a pleasure to work with and i suggest if your in the market for miggy bat contact him
            Attached Files

Comment

• astros5.7
              • Oct 2010

Picked up a Carlos Lee triple and a 2 RBI single.
              Attached Files

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                • Dec 2009

I got the biggest surprise in the mail today. GUU member Don told me that the A's had a Kurt Suzuki catcher's gear set for sale at the memorabilia stand, Austin confirmed this as well. So ever since Sunday I have been trying to track it down.

Hence my surprise when I opened the box that I got today. I was wondering why my wife was sitting at the table smiling at me like crazy. I removed the packing material from the top & staring at me was this A's helmet, I picked it up & then I saw the face mask & shin guards. Under that was the chest protector with the "ZUK #8". I almost passed out at that time.

It was my wife who some how found the Suzuki catchers gear. She won't tell me how much she paid for it or how she got a hold of it. None the less I am so happy with the new addition to my Suzuki collection.

I have the greatest wife in the whole wide world. With all of what we have been going through since the beginning of the year, my many emergency room visits & 2 surgeries that I had. Finances have been very tough with the loss of my income. She has had to do some financial wizardry so that I could get some of my recent acquisitions. I don't know how she pulled off this one. So my Suzuki collection is just as much hers as well as mines.

A bunch of dirt fell out of the shin guards. A nice addition as well, "Game Used Dirt".
                sigpic

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by HawaiiSportsNut
                  I got the biggest surprise in the mail today. GUU member Don told me that the A's had a Kurt Suzuki catcher's gear set for sale at the memorabilia stand, Austin confirmed this as well. So ever since Sunday I have been trying to track it down.

Hence my surprise when I opened the box that I got today. I was wondering why my wife was sitting at the table smiling at me like crazy. I removed the packing material from the top & staring at me was this A's helmet, I picked it up & then I saw the face mask & shin guards. Under that was the chest protector with the "ZUK #8". I almost passed out at that time.

It was my wife who some how found the Suzuki catchers gear. She won't tell me how much she paid for it or how she got a hold of it. None the less I am so happy with the new addition to my Suzuki collection.

I have the greatest wife in the whole wide world. With all of what we have been going through since the beginning of the year, my many emergency room visits & 2 surgeries that I had. Finances have been very tough with the loss of my income. She has had to do some financial wizardry so that I could get some of my recent acquisitions. I don't know how she pulled off this one. So my Suzuki collection is just as much hers as well as mines.

A bunch of dirt fell out of the shin guards. A nice addition as well, "Game Used Dirt".
                  Nice! Congrats! Your a lucky man, and I'm not talking about the gear, I'm talkn about the wife that would buy something like that!! Awesome

Comment

• frikativ54
                    • Dec 2007

Great story. When I first saw the photo, I couldn't figure out how you landed it so fast. Then, I read the text. Congrats, man.
                    Les Zukor
                    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                      • Dec 2009

Scott... I am lucky to have a wife that is willing to support my obsesion.

Les... I still can't figure out how my wife got it before me. I have been trying to track it down all week.
                      sigpic

Comment

• island_style
                        • Nov 2005

Congrats Rick! The Suzuki catching gear that Miranda got for you is cherry! If anyone can say they have the "dirt" on Suzuki's gear it would be you.

I had the pleasure of meeting Rick and his wife earlier this year when Rick was on Oahu for a surgery. The time we spent together went by so quick, and it was easy to see that Rick and Miranda are good people. Really, all of the Hawaii collectors I've met (gameused Bobby, jetersbatboy Scott and his family, zeenuts Nelson, and of course Rick, et al) have been great.

Again, congrats, Rick! One of these days my wife might surprise me with Onan Masaoka's 1999 road jersey. Ha ha.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Comment

• brianborsch
                          • Dec 2005

Congrats Rick! That's some awesome gear! Awesome wife to do that, (not to mention quite the GU collector she is to be able to track it down). You sure she doesn't have a secret GU collection of her own?
                          But that's awesome and I am happy you are still able to collect despite hard times. I also went through some hard times recently and have still tried to collect during it.

Comment

• dnrapp
                            • Feb 2009

Thats the gear that was sold at the A's game right in front of me. The guy who bought it was afraid his wife would get mad at him. Does your wife have a secret second husband here on the mainland?

Congrats on the great item and having a great wife. Do you have a place and way to display it?

Don

Comment

• Birdbats
                              • Nov 2005

I just acquired an almost complete run of Cardinals TBTC jerseys (many with pants and caps). I now have 14 of the 17 TBTC jerseys; only missing last year's 1985 game (full set still held by the team) and this year's two 1982 games vs. Milwaukee (also not released). This shot includes both new jerseys and some I already had... thought it would be cool to see all 14 hanging together.

Jeff Scott
                              birdbats@charter.net
                              http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• momen55
                                • Aug 2006

this is what i am talking about wanting. a complete set of catcher's gear.
                                very nice.

Comment

Working...