Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Denver Broncos game used stuff

Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt
    Matt:

Though I can't confirm, I've heard that at least one of the early players has one or two tucked back in a drawer at his home. There may be a couple more that have either been held and/or made their way into private collections, but I can't be sure. Doubt that Goose has one, as he was pretty thrilled to see ours when we saw him this past June (Tom took a photo of he and I posing with our sock... see http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4266217296810&set=t.1327374271&type =3&theater).

As to ours, it was obtained from a retired media guy who was a beat writer covering one of the AFL teams back at its inception. He received it as a gift/bribe from then head coach Jack Faulkner. Aside from his coaching duties, Jack was a PR man extraordinaire! Rumor has it, that he had the foresight to tuck a few of these back before the infamous bonfire. After this, whenever he needed a favor/some positive press from the media, he would pull one of these out and present is stating, "I've got just one of these left..." This is how our source came about this one. In a 1999 telephone interview with Jack, we inquired about this practice; he just laughed somewhat sheepishly and then changed the subject without admitting or denying that he engaged in such practices.

As far as displays go, we (Tom & I) typically set this up in its entirely only once a year. We did so at the Broncos' Fan Fairs in 2007 & 2008 (scheduling conflicts precluded our participation in 2009). In 2010 we hooked up with the Broncos Alumni Assn. (DBAA) and did some limited displays as part of their Alumni Tailgate parties; during the past two years we've displayed at the DBAA Charity Golf Tournament event and plan to do so again next summer as well.

I also communicated with "Sacco" from the Broncos yesterday. He stated that the Broncos do not have any plans at present to establish any sort of a museum display, but may consider doing so in the future.
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Here are a couple of my Broncos jerseys:

Maa Tanuvasa game-issued
    Maa Tanuvasa 1999
    Jason Elam (worn when he kicked his 300th career field goal)
    Ashley Lelie practice

Name:  TanuvasaOC1.jpg
Views: 1556
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  TanuvasaOC2.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  Tanuvasa1.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  157.4 KB

Name:  Tanuvasa2.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  169.7 KB

Name:  Elam1.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  Elam2.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  LelieP1.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  167.4 KB

Name:  LelieP2.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  137.5 KB

Al Wilson.....purchased from the NFL.....HAMMERED with use!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Does anyone else here have an Al Wilson gamer????

Loomis - Love the Wilson jersey. Did you buy it from an NFL auction?

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegypsy003 View Post
    Here are a couple of my Broncos jerseys:

Maa Tanuvasa game-issued
    Maa Tanuvasa 1999
    Jason Elam (worn when he kicked his 300th career field goal)
    Ashley Lelie practice

Attachment 65979

Attachment 65980

Attachment 65981

Attachment 65982

Attachment 65983

Attachment 65984

Attachment 65985

Attachment 65986
    Beaglegypsy - Wow! Second Elam jersey posted. If anyone is interested in trading or selling theirs, please, let me know.

When I see gamers of former Hawaii players being sold, I try to keep a record of what the final sale price is for future reference. In December 2005 an Elam jersey sold for $1,925 on NFL Auctions. The following month a second Elam sold for $2,130 also on NFL Auctions. I bought mine from another forum member who collects Hawaii players also. He happen to have two Elam's. As for selling mine...I'm like a black hole. Usually once a piece enters my collection, it doesn't leave.

Jason Elam stuff is really hard to find...I sold a pair of his cleats and and pants I had to a forum member...

Here is a photo of the neck of my Elam...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My is the same except the jersey was manufactured in 2002 and reads "02-50 S." I also have a 1997 practice jersey except mine is the blue which I purchased from Jim Yackel.