Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show me your Denver Broncos game used stuff

Here's a few shots of our (mine and Jake51's) Broncos' Ring of Fame collection that was recently displayed at the Denver Broncos Alumni Assn. golf tourney...

AF
    L-era

"Orange Crush" era

HOFers

Modern era

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Here are a few of mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

That's cool that you give the kickers some love, hockeytigers. Love the legacy uni and Elam jerseys are awesome! What year is the home one, if you don't mind me asking?

Pat - You and Tom are truly the GODS of Broncos' game used stuff. This is Canton quality stuff and i'm just in complete awe of your guys collection. Please keep sharing!

Also, is that a real 1960 sock?? HOLY CRAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Pat - You and Tom are truly the GODS of Broncos' game used stuff. This is Canton quality stuff and i'm just in complete awe of your guys collection. Please keep sharing!

Also, is that a real 1960 sock?? HOLY CRAP!!
    Thanks for the kudos! With my interest in the "Orange Crush" era & ROF/HOF players and Tom's interest in the AFL-era stuff, our combined collections do make for a pretty comprehensive historical display. My hope is to one day be able to put some of this stuff on permanent display at either the Broncos' headquarters or stadium. But that's a project that's down the road aways.

Yup... real 1960-'61 era sock. Long story as to how I came about this, but am 100% sure of its' authenticity based on our research and interviews with the parties involved. At this point, I know of only 3 of them: Ours, one at the HOF and one at the Broncos HQ (though I've heard rumors of a couple being tucked back in a drawer of one or two of the 1960s alums, I cannot confirm this). Here's a slightly better view...

Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities

Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt
    Matt:

Though I can't confirm, I've heard that at least one of the early players has one or two tucked back in a drawer at his home. There may be a couple more that have either been held and/or made their way into private collections, but I can't be sure. Doubt that Goose has one, as he was pretty thrilled to see ours when we saw him this past June (Tom took a photo of he and I posing with our sock... see http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4266217296810&set=t.1327374271&type =3&theater).

As to ours, it was obtained from a retired media guy who was a beat writer covering one of the AFL teams back at its inception. He received it as a gift/bribe from then head coach Jack Faulkner. Aside from his coaching duties, Jack was a PR man extraordinaire! Rumor has it, that he had the foresight to tuck a few of these back before the infamous bonfire. After this, whenever he needed a favor/some positive press from the media, he would pull one of these out and present is stating, "I've got just one of these left..." This is how our source came about this one. In a 1999 telephone interview with Jack, we inquired about this practice; he just laughed somewhat sheepishly and then changed the subject without admitting or denying that he engaged in such practices.

As far as displays go, we (Tom & I) typically set this up in its entirely only once a year. We did so at the Broncos' Fan Fairs in 2007 & 2008 (scheduling conflicts precluded our participation in 2009). In 2010 we hooked up with the Broncos Alumni Assn. (DBAA) and did some limited displays as part of their Alumni Tailgate parties; during the past two years we've displayed at the DBAA Charity Golf Tournament event and plan to do so again next summer as well.

I also communicated with "Sacco" from the Broncos yesterday. He stated that the Broncos do not have any plans at present to establish any sort of a museum display, but may consider doing so in the future.
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities

Here are a couple of my Broncos jerseys:

Maa Tanuvasa game-issued
    Maa Tanuvasa 1999
    Jason Elam (worn when he kicked his 300th career field goal)
    Ashley Lelie practice

Name:  TanuvasaOC1.jpg
Views: 1565
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  TanuvasaOC2.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  Tanuvasa1.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  157.4 KB

Name:  Tanuvasa2.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  169.7 KB

Name:  Elam1.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  Elam2.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  LelieP1.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  167.4 KB

Name:  LelieP2.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  137.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beaglegypsy003 View Post
    Here are a couple of my Broncos jerseys:

Maa Tanuvasa game-issued
    Maa Tanuvasa 1999
    Jason Elam (worn when he kicked his 300th career field goal)
    Ashley Lelie practice

Attachment 65979

Attachment 65980

Attachment 65981

Attachment 65982

Attachment 65983

Attachment 65984

Attachment 65985

Attachment 65986
    Beaglegypsy - Wow! Second Elam jersey posted. If anyone is interested in trading or selling theirs, please, let me know.

Nice collections. Went to the Raider bronco Monday night game 2yrs ago in Denver. I wore my Raider jersey all weekend and only received a few digs. I had a light hearted feud with the people sitting next to us. She reminded me that they beat us in the AFC championship in 77 and I reminded her that Rob lytle fumbled on the 1 to get the home town call. We both laughed and shared a few beers. Denver was a really cool town filled with really nice people. Your commitment to excellence in collecting is duly noted.