Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What do I look for in a Jeter game used bat?

Are the Jeter bats Steiner sells game used or do they also sell batting practice used bats?

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    ... and for all that are going to contact Ken and ask if it's for sell....I get first dibs....Lol

Bobby
    You're at the top of the list Bobby!!

In addition to that bat (on the bottom), here are a couple of others with nice Jeter characteristics -
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Amazing bats PwKw13, love the pine tar on the handles of the first two!

So why are some Jeter game used bats MLB Authenticated and others not? Are the authenticated ones from special events?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    Amazing bats PwKw13, love the pine tar on the handles of the first two!

So why are some Jeter game used bats MLB Authenticated and others not? Are the authenticated ones from special events?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Jeter doesn't use pine tar nowadays that's mota stick on there. Another characteristic you'll want to look for.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Here is one of my Jeters

I have had 4 Jeter bats, all direct from Steiner. The downside is they did not put a hologram on 3 of the bats. (Only if they are signed) This one from 09 has a hologram, but not a numbered one. So, once a Steiner Jeter bat hits the market, it comes with a credit card type COA and a letter from Jeter. But there is no direct connection to the specific bat. Not a great way for them to be authenticated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post

I have had 4 Jeter bats, all direct from Steiner. The downside is they did not put a hologram on 3 of the bats. (Only if they are signed) This one from 09 has a hologram, but not a numbered one. So, once a Steiner Jeter bat hits the market, it comes with a credit card type COA and a letter from Jeter. But there is no direct connection to the specific bat. Not a great way for them to be authenticated.
    Thank you for mentioning this. If Jeter game used bats come without a Steiner hologram on them, can't someone just take a store model bat, put some wear on it to look like it's used, offer the bat for sale and say they lost Steiner paperwork but it's still a game used Jeter bat? Or is there some other unique identifier that can distinguish a genuine Jeter game used bat from retail models?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees24 View Post
    Thank you for mentioning this. If Jeter game used bats come without a Steiner hologram on them, can't someone just take a store model bat, put some wear on it to look like it's used, offer the bat for sale and say they lost Steiner paperwork but it's still a game used Jeter bat? Or is there some other unique identifier that can distinguish a genuine Jeter game used bat from retail models?
    the UNDERLINE of 125 in LS logo would be a dead give away - if there is a line, it is a store model. If there isnt one, then it is a player's model.

Not to say, that a game issued cannot be fake into a game used.

How come some of the bats I see listed on Ebay, with proper Steiner certificates, don't have the same characteristics some of you mentioned and showed - like the mota on the handle and heavy use on the barrel. Are those listed on Ebay bats that Jeter used in Spring Training and batting practice?

Banned

Well I can say for the most part Jeter has always used mota stick. But this does not mean he has never used pine tar or maybe even one day he tried a taped bat. Those are oddities of course but can happen.

I got the biggest educational slap in the face from a forum member here (I mean that in a good way)
    I am a Strawberry collector and Straw never tapes his handle. I have watched many many many games (but not all) I have looked over many pictures, photos, press wires, the whole 9. Never saw it!!

Then one day a Strawberry bat popped up on ebay with a Taped handle. I was pretty sure it wasnt his or used by him at least.

Sure enough a member here pulled up a promotional poster from the 80's and in the picture was Straw (at bat I believe) holding a taped handle bat.

So the moral to the story is you just never know. Players are humans just like us and can switch, try something new, at any given moment and that item could end up on the game used market.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Well I can say for the most part Jeter has always used mota stick.
    How about this bat, it's certifed by Steiner but doesn't really reflect the same characteristics mentioned earlier shown on Jeter bats. There doesn't seem to be much mota if any on the handle and the use is rather light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEREK-JETER-...item2ec0ccc6d5

Does Steiner also price Jeter bats differently based on use or are they all the same pricing regardless?