Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Big Red Machine Collectors

Ben -- Great collection of items from one of the greatest and most famous teams of all time. Not a Reds fan myself, but it's cool to see and thanks for posting the photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Wow. Great pickups, Ben. What is great about these bats is that you definitely know what year it was used and it was a great team to boot. How many more do you need to complete the 1976 Reds set?
    Thank you both...and Joel, yes, I am really close here on the Reds team set...

Ben

Banned

Rose bats turned out great Ben. Just curious, did Pete ask you how you knew which year they were from or did he just take your word for it?

Thanks Nick; yes, I took the ordering records and the bat write-ups along with me.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Thanks Nick; yes, I took the ordering records and the bat write-ups along with me.

Ben
    Sounds great Ben,
    I've been with Pete where he questions lots of game used items including items with tremendous provence.

One thing that I didn't know was that ordering records were available for Adirondack bats. I have a Rose bat from that same time frame. We always kind of knew that it was 75 or 76 but had no way to determine which year.

Great bat - as always - and sig.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Thanks Nick; yes, I took the ordering records and the bat write-ups along with me. Ben
    Ben, Are there ordering records for Adirondack? Thanks. Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    Sounds great Ben,
    I've been with Pete where he questions lots of game used items including items with tremendous provence.

One thing that I didn't know was that ordering records were available for Adirondack bats. I have a Rose bat from that same time frame. We always kind of knew that it was 75 or 76 but had no way to determine which year.

Great bat - as always - and sig.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff, I had the H&B records with me. Pete was pretty chatty that day and I was able to spend a good amount of time that day with him; he also had the horse races going on his iPad sitting there at the table all the while too.

Like always Ben, great looking Reds items. Not a game used item, but I did recently pickup Bobby Tolan's 1972 NL Championship ring. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The dominance of the Big Red Machine was slightly before my time as I was born in 1970 as I became a Reds fan by 1978 or 1979. George Foster was always my favorite player and I followed him to the Mets in 1982. I have desperately wanted to acquire a Foster game worn jersey from either his Reds or Mets days but only saw one back in 2008 and just barely missed out on it. I now live in Cincinnati and have had him sign some things for me at various appearances. Joe Morgan now has a car dealership here. Great team, great stars, just iconic. If anyone ever sees a Foster jersey please let me know.

Hey cjackson35 post your email address if interested in Foster Jersey .