Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

shipment damaged?

has this happened to anyone before? i bought a bat from ebay and received info that it had been sent. i tracked it and indeed it was. 3 days later i tracked it again, but noticed that the info read, "Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center".
    i called the post office to find out what that means and she told me that the label more than likely got torn off during shipment probably due to damage so they couldn't deliver nor return to sender. it was sent to the recovery center in Tennessee.
    has this happened to anyone here before? what recourse do i have? refund from seller then he gets reimbursed from postal service? what?

Re: shipment damaged?

I once had a bat get lost in transit. The triangular tube was shredded and looked like it was run over by a train. Bat was completely gone, but I did get the empty box delivered to my house. Emailed seller and no questions asked he refunded my money immediately. Took the trashed box to PO and they were appalled that the mailman left that at my door without any explanation.

I sent a message and photos to the local PO and the recovery center and never got a response.

I'd file the claim with the seller. Hopefully it was insured for the seller's side, but even if not insured you should get your money back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I once had a bat get lost in transit. The triangular tube was shredded and looked like it was run over by a train. Bat was completely gone, but I did get the empty box delivered to my house. Emailed seller and no questions asked he refunded my money immediately. Took the trashed box to PO and they were appalled that the mailman left that at my door without any explanation.

I sent a message and photos to the local PO and the recovery center and never got a response.

I'd file the claim with the seller. Hopefully it was insured for the seller's side, but even if not insured you should get your money back.
    I am very much Momen sympathetic to your situation and I am sorry to hear of this. But I do disagree with this comment. Yes definitely make the seller aware of what is going on and maybe he did provide some type of insurance. But realistically the bat should of been insured if you specifically asked the seller to insure it and either you paid for it to be insured or he/she agreed to pay for the insurance. As far as the seller refunding your money (which is what I assuming Campwest is referring to?) If the seller does so, thats great but I dont see him being responsible to refund the money for something he didnt do. The Post Office for whatever reason lost, misplaced, or decided not to send your item. This is their responsibility not the sellers. Again if the seller decides he wants to intervene and refund your money thats great!! But he shouldnt be held accountable for actions of someone else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I am very much Momen sympathetic to your situation and I am sorry to hear of this. But I do disagree with this comment. Yes definitely make the seller aware of what is going on and maybe he did provide some type of insurance. But realistically the bat should of been insured if you specifically asked the seller to insure it and either you paid for it to be insured or he/she agreed to pay for the insurance. As far as the seller refunding your money (which is what I assuming Campwest is referring to?) If the seller does so, thats great but I dont see him being responsible to refund the money for something he didnt do. The Post Office for whatever reason lost, misplaced, or decided not to send your item. This is their responsibility not the sellers. Again if the seller decides he wants to intervene and refund your money thats great!! But he shouldnt be held accountable for actions of someone else.
    The seller is responsible for delivery, no questions asked. The seller has a choice to insure the package or self insure, but the buyer doesn't have to request insurance - ever!

It is against eBay rules to charge extra for insurance (even though you can add it to quoted shipping) but you cannot ever state you charge extra for insurance.

The seller is 100% responsible the customer gets their merchandise or a refund. The buyer here has done nothing wrong and isn't responsible for a poorly packaged parcel with or without insurance.

eBay 100% protects all buyers and in this situation Ivan has done nothing wrong and advising him that he may be responsible is irresponsible.

To make it 100% clear - Buyers do not have to ask for insurance on eBay and sellers are not allowed to charge extra for insurance on eBay. The package is the responsibility of the seller to be sure it is delivered or they have to give the buyer a 100% refund - No exceptions, no blaming it on the post office, no excuses.

This is how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    It is time you learned how eBay works - The seller is responsible for delivery, no questions asked. The seller has a choice to insure the package or self insure, but the buyer doesn't have to request insurance - ever!

It is against eBay rules to charge extra for insurance (even though you can add it to quoted shipping) but you cannot ever state you charge extra for insurance.

The seller is 100% responsible the customer gets their merchandise or a refund. The buyer here has done nothing wrong and isn't responsible for a poorly packaged parcel with or without insurance.

When you try to chime in on a situation, you should offer facts based on how something works and not your own opinion because eBay 100% protects all buyers and in this situation Ivan has done nothing wrong and advising him that he may be responsible is irresponsible.

To make it 100% clear - Buyers do not have to ask for insurance on eBay and sellers are not allowed to charge extra for insurance on eBay. The package is the responsibility of the seller to be sure it is delivered or they have to give the buyer a 100% refund - No exceptions, no blaming it on the post office, no excuses.

This is how it is.
    Exactly, just file a claim with paypal. End of story for the buyer. As for the seller, they can try and get their money back from the post office or paypal through seller protection.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Nope... I am right on this one. As was explained by trsent, eBay's rules clearly state that seller is responsible until delivery has been accepted. Risk of Ownership in most sales of goods does not transfer until delivery has been made. I am not a lawyer, but I believe that the seller is responsible for shipment, unless the terms of sale specifically state that ownership transfers upon leaving the seller's possession. The seller hired the shipper. Therefore the failure of delivery is a matter between the seller and their hired shipper. The buyer is not responsible for the transaction between the seller and shipper.

The shipping insurance is for the seller's protection, not the buyer's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    The shipping insurance is for the seller's protection, not the buyer's.
    Never a better quote for the modern seller on eBay.

i emailed the seller to let him know what happened and he refunded in full with no questions asked. he emailed and stated he was going to find out what happened and try to get the bat back, if it didn't get destroyed in the process.
    it was a knobless model i don't have, but at least i received my money back.

Banned

Just to explain to everyone else I was not speaking of from a "EBAY RULES" point of view more of just a mere morals point a view.

I personally could not hold someone else accountable for actions they didnt do. But hey thats just me!!

Ebay rules or not. I still have a conscience

Just to explain to everyone else I was not speaking of from a "EBAY RULES" point of view more of just a mere morals point a view.

I personally could not hold someone else accountable for actions they didnt do. But hey thats just me!!

Ebay rules or not. I still have a conscience

(Sorry to interject here) -- suave1477, did you get my email about payment, along with a question? Haven't heard back. Thanks!