Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1993 Phillies World Series Jersey

Most of you know I'm selling a big part of my collection, but there are a few items i'm keeping. I currently have a Tony Longmire 1993 Phillies World Series jersey but would like to upgrade it to a starting player. Anyone have one that they want to sell?
    Thanks
    Daryl
    darylv1@comcast.net

Re: 1993 Phillies World Series Jersey

daryl,

there's a 93 world series daulton on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200038609285

rudy.

where is the 100% poly tag? was it removed? retail jersey made up for signing purposes? looks like that to me!

momen,

i had the same concern about the poly tag. however, several of the pinstripes seem to match up to photos of daulton during the 93 world series. i haven't been able to see enough photos from different angles to say it's photomatched, but the photos i have seen are promising. i have a book with over 300 photos of the 1993 world series specifically. i can look tonight to see if there are more matchups. i wouldn't immediately dismiss the jersey though. after all, we're talking about the 1993 world series. how many home jerseys did daulton wear during the series? 1 most likely. it has to match up to photos. i'd be more apt to dismiss it after it conclusively fails a matchup.

rudy.

I asked the seller about the missing Poly tag. He said that there are remnants of a smaller tag below the Russel tag.

I know Daulton did sell all of his stuff, and this does come with Daultons LOA.

You think he would have signed it the way he did if he knew otherwise?

daryl,

it seems that dutch, much like many other players, doesn't have the best memory when it comes to 13 yr old items. see here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=1604

perhaps it's difficult to remember the '93 world series what with all the parallel universes and astral projection pingponging around in his mind.

anyway, i don't know about the jersey either way except to say that it technically it should easily be able to be photomatched.

the daulton loa and inscription are nice but here are some thoughts i have when i see solid loas and inscriptions:

1) did the seller keep the original jersey that came with the loa and are they then using the loa (or photocopy of it) to sell an unlegit jersey?
    it's entirely possible, for example, to order legit jeter jersey from steiner with the purpose of keeping the original jeter jersey, then buying a silly "game-issue" off ebay and then pairing the legit steiner letter with the ebay game-issue and selling it as a "steiner game-used jeter jersey".

2) is the letter itself original and authentic?

3) was the inscription really added by daulton or by someone else? it's possible to get a jeter jersey legitimately signed and then have some unscrupulous individual add "gamer '05" in a way that it seems as if jeter wrote it.

i remember when daulton was auctioning off all of his stuff on ebay. but then the entire auction was cancelled. i'm guessing he ended up selling afterall?

rudy.

i just looked in my book "A Series to Remember - The Official Book of the 1993 World Series" and daulton's jersey in the book matches up to the jersey in the ebay auction (pinstripe/letters/number/patch matchup). the toughest match to get is the back letters and, in this case, every one of them matches up. the world series patch matches up, as do the side numbers and the numbers on the back.

some other notes: i compared the jersey to other phillies jerseys from 1993 and it seems they didn't use the pinstripes as a guide in placing the numbers. that is, the side sleeve numbers often start at different points amongst various 1993 phillies home jerseys. as well, i located another 1993 photo of daulton taken during the regular season and the jersey in that photo doesn't match up to the ebay jersey/book photos. to me this indicates that pinstripe matches in '93 phillies home jerseys are likely to be unique as the pinstripes weren't used as guides.

i've no affiliation to the ebay jersey nor to its seller.

rudy.

Rudy,
    Thanks a ton for the info. It's exactly what im looking for. I know it's overpriced, just need to decide if i want to spend that much.
    Thanks again!
    Daryl

Daryl,

Ask the seller if he'll throw in one of those killer 33 inch Ripken "game used" bats he was selling. Perhaps that will make it worth your while.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I asked the seller, Zane Burns, for a scan of the photomatch. His ebay listing says that the jersey can be photomatched. I just want to cover all my bases before I spend that kind of money.

[content removed]

First off, why do people have to be like this? I've done plenty of business with him in the past, but sure as hell won't by another thing from him ever again. Hunt auctions wants the shirt so bad - what do they think they'll get for it - $5000?????

As far as Zane doing the work to find a photomatch, I would have figured that he'd have one already since his ebay listing says "The Jersey can be photomatched".

What the heck is wrong with people any more these days?