Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Re: Melky suspended for PED's

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    At least he was honest about what he did.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Wow what a shame!! I really ended up liking Melky as a player especially being a former Yankee.

I remember when he first came up I actually despised him a bit. He came up and wore uniform number #39 (Strawberrys Yankee number) and he was the biggest screw up in the outfield dropping everything, misreading where the ball was going, making terrible plays. It was like putting a kid out there who never played baseball before. As you can imagine he didnt last long maybe about 2 weeks and they sent him back down. Sometime had passed and he came back up and it was like those first 2 weeks never happened he was on point with everything running, athletic grabbing the ball, stealing homeruns. I started to like this young squirrley kid, then he became kinda like the sidekick to Robinson Cano. Hes a small little guy started to remind of like the runt of a litter always fighting to get to the top. But with so many stars on the Yankees there was no way he would get that starting chance. So when I heard he was going to San Fran I was actually happy for him, thinking now he will get his chance. And then to see him shoot like a star was even a great feeling. Just to learn this!! What a disappointment

I give him credit for owning up to it instead of pulling a Braun.
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    I give him credit for owning up to it instead of pulling a Braun.
    I'm confused. Ryan Braun's tests were tainted as they were not properly handled per the rules of collecting samples - What did he do wrong that you compare him to Melky?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I'm confused. Ryan Braun's tests were tainted as they were not properly handled per the rules of collecting samples - What did he do wrong that you compare him to Melky?

You must be serious!

Braun pulled a technicality - "oh my sample must have been tainted because it was stuck in the handler's basement over the weekend due to non-fedEx deliver"

Before you had the OJ's "if the glove doesnt fit, you must acquit" .. now you have Braun's "take the test on friday and if it fails, blame on the handler and Fedex".

At least Melky MAN UP on his mistake - life goes on and fans will forgive and forget.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    You must be serious!

Braun pulled a technicality - "oh my sample must have been tainted because it was stuck in the handler's basement over the weekend due to non-fedEx deliver"

Before you had the OJ's "if the glove doesnt fit, you must acquit" .. now you have Braun's "take the test on friday and if it fails, blame on the handler and Fedex".

At least Melky MAN UP on his mistake - life goes on and fans will forgive and forget.
    Melky handled his situation perfectly. Comparing OJ Simpson to Ryan Braun is not fair. A guy charged with murder to two innocent people and a person charged with injecting himself with drugs is like apples and lava rocks. There is nothing to compare there.

Ryan Braun never had a proper test, so there is no way to know if he was guilty or not. Major League Baseball withdrew their charges against him so there must be no proof against him so comparing him to someone who was legally caught is not really fair or just in my opinion.

Braun was caught! And the arbitrator decided not MLB. MLB wasn't happy with the ruling.

IMHO I believe this is worse than the McGwire's or Sosa's or Clemens' or even Canseco's. Those guys all did it when seemingly everyone in the sport was doing it and MLB didn't care. Using PED's after that debacle? .

How stupid do you have to be to take PED's in baseball right now?

Lastly, owning up to it when you are caught like a punk isn't being "a man", it's macho jock BS from a barely AAA level player who had to cheat to be relevant in MLB. Being "a man" is working your butt off in the gym, training 12 months a year and earning your time in the Show. I'm beginning to see how he was so expendable by the Yanks, the Braves and the Royals.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Who really cares if he admitted to it, he may have cost his team a shot at the playoffs, he cost himself millions as he approaches free agency, he made his MVP award from all-star game a joke , etc....Also, I heard on a local radio show MLB levied the suspension with him 1 plate appearance short of being able to qualify for the batting title- outstanding timing. Peds giveth and Peds taketh
    K