Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ALL MLBwearing concussion helmets in 2013

According the the MLB CBA under Section VII HEALTH AND SAFETY SECTION D

"d. By 2013, all Major League players will wear a new batting helmet developed by Rawlings that protects against pitches thrown at 100 miles per hour. The new version of the helmet is significantly less “bulky” than prior versions of the more protective helmet."

-----------------

This yields the qurestion to us game used collectors. Does this mean large amounts of game used helmets hitting (no pun intended) the market this off season to dump the old and bring in the new for some teams?

Also, does this mean the YANKEES will finally change their helmets? Will be weird seeing a guy like Jeter wearing the helmet.

I know the Rays have all players wear cool flow helmets. But other teams give guys a choice. But mostly the majority of players right now do not use the new concussion helmets.

I hope if mlb teams dump their old items, they should PLEASE leave the helmet stickers on this offseason then. There is no point in removing helmet stickers at this point.

Re: ALL MLBwearing concussion helmets in 2013

is there a photo anywhere of this helmet? i see some players now that where a different one then the cool flow crap helmet that has slots on the back. is that it?

i found a pic of the helmet and it looks like crap! in fact, it's bigger! freakin mlb.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    i found a pic of the helmet and it looks like crap! in fact, it's bigger! freakin mlb.
    Can you post the photo?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

The new S100 is considerably less bulky than the old version. David Wright and Josh Thole (among several other Mets wear it). Check out some pictures of them from this season.

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  10.0 KBName:  thumbnail (1).jpg
Views: 712
Size:  7.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cbb5 View Post
    The new S100 is considerably less bulky than the old version. David Wright and Josh Thole (among several other Mets wear it). Check out some pictures of them from this season.
    that thing is huge dude. they look like martians. there is nothing wrong with the old helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    that thing is huge dude. they look like martians. there is nothing wrong with the old helmet.
    If the old helmets are even a little bit less protective than the new ones, then yes, there is something wrong with the old ones.

those cool flows are garbage. i have seen more of those cracked and destroyed than the old ones without holes and openings.

What are these helmets that Kinsler is wearing in this photo? Andrus has a Cool Flo, but Kinsler has a different one. Maybe these are the new ones? Seen a lot of guys wearing them lately.