Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#13 Yankees jersey w/Steiner LOA on ebay

Would just like to know opinions about jersey and item description. Since, unless I win the lottery, I could never purchase a GU A-Rod jersey, finding an affordable #13 Yankees jersey does not come around often and since I am not educated enough to make a judgement or have an opinion on the jersey I could use some help on this. I am only asking because Steiner states that it was game used by Ruben Rivera and has Rivera tagging, but seller states worn most likely by Jim Leyritz.
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIVERA-LEYRI...item337b15925a

Re: #13 Yankees jersey w/Steiner LOA on ebay

Hi Eric,

Thats my jersey. I got it directly from Steiner a few years ago. The jersey is tagged 1996 and has a removed armband (the Yankees wore the armband in 1996 to honor Mel Allen) There is no number change and Jim Leyritz was the only player to wear 13 in 1996. I hope this helps. If you are still interested, email me.

Thanks
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Any remnants of a WS patch?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/724...ms8QZY9w%3d%3d

here a photo of leyritz in 1996.

Just a possible scenario:

Leyritz was traded in Dec 1996 to the Angels. Ruben Rivera was traded April 1997 to the Padres.

So Leyritz is traded and the jersey is returned to the equipment manager. The armband is removed and the equipment manager inventory tag is put on the jersey. Then Rivera request this number and a new player inside tag (using an old Rivera 1996 tag) is put on it. But it is never issued since Rivera
    was traded.

Any noticable double sewing holes on the inside player tag?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

No world series patch. The threading on both tags and the numbers all seem to match. No JR patch either
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Banned

This is a very interesting thread.

As I have noticed and im going to look into more. I have a 1996 Road Jersey worn and tagged by Ruben Sierra.

But the armband is removed.

So I am assuming that the armbands were removed so the Jerseys can be worn in 1997 and possibly so on?

Joe Girardi was #25 in 1997.

Jersey shows pretty good use. Would be interesting if this was a Sierra/Girardi worn Jersey???

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post

As I have noticed and im going to look into more. I have a 1996 Road Jersey worn and tagged by Ruben Sierra.

So I am assuming that the armbands were removed so the Jerseys can be worn in 1997 and possibly so on?

Jersey shows pretty good use. Would be interesting if this was a Sierra/Girardi worn Jersey???
    No Names on the back means anything is possible.

LB

sierra wore size 44 and Giraldi a size 48.

At least you know this jersey was worn at least some time after June 16 and no later than July 31st when traded to Tigers
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    sierra wore size 44 and Giraldi a size 48.

At least you know this jersey was worn at least some time after June 16 and no later than July 31st when traded to Tigers
    What do you mean after June 16th?

I would of thought he played in most of the games previous to July 31st from the start of the season.
    According to baseball stats he played in 96 games for the Yankees. That would be hard to play in 96 games in roughly 45 days lol

What do you mean after June 16th?

I would of thought he played in most of the games previous to July 31st from the start of the season.
    According to baseball stats he played in 96 games for the Yankees. That would be hard to play in 96 games in roughly 45 days lol
    it would hard to play all 96 games in a road uniform. lol

i just meant that he wore the jersey after the armband was applied which was after June 16th. The road game after June 16th, the first time the road jersey had an armband for Mel Allen. of course, it could have been used before June 16th without the armband if the armband were applied to already used jersey. not sure the logistics that the equipment manager goes thru t0 get the armbands on. anyone know? brand new jerseys or gather up old jersey from a laundry run and applies the patches to it.

if your jersey had no apparent holes from the armband, then you have assume the jersey was used earlier than June 16th.

thanks for letting me clarify.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

The first road game after June 16th, the first time the road jersey had an armband for Mel Allen, was June 21.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com