Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: #13 Yankees jersey w/Steiner LOA on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    it would hard to play all 96 games in a road uniform. lol

i just meant that he wore the jersey after the armband was applied which was after June 16th. The road game after June 16th, the first time the road jersey had an armband for Mel Allen. of course, it could have been used before June 16th without the armband if the armband were applied to already used jersey. not sure the logistics that the equipment manager goes thru t0 get the armbands on. anyone know? brand new jerseys or gather up old jersey from a laundry run and applies the patches to it.

if your jersey had no apparent holes from the armband, then you have assume the jersey was used earlier than June 16th.

thanks for letting me clarify.

Ahhhhh ok I see what your saying. I agree with everything you are saying BUT!!

I would assume and yes I am assuming and willing to go out on a limb and say these Jerseys were used since the begining of the season and arm bands and patches applied later.

The Yankees were up until recently notorious for being cheap and using the same uniforms over and over again. I would highly doubt they would go out and buy all completely new uniforms just to add an armband and patch to it. I dont even know if teams would do that today let alone in the mid 90's. The fact that they pulled off the armbands and patches would lead me to believe they did this so they can get further use out of them. As I mentioned the Jersey shows solid use so maybe its from use before June 16th or maybe its sue to Girardi wearing it the following year. Who knows?

You did mention Girardi worse 2 sizes bigger than Sierra. I am just curious do you know that for a fact. Because they are pretty close in size to a degree. Sierra was taller than Girardi but according to stats Girardi weighed more than Sierra. I personally find that hard to believe but anythings possible, because I have met both of them and Sierra muscle mass wise is huge. His arms were no joke!! I mean talk about Guns lol No Girardi on the other hand was athletic built but never a big muscle type or at least in my opinion.

So I am just curious is it for sure Girardi was 2 sizes bigger? Because I can easily see Giradi fitting into a Sierra jersey?

Re: #13 Yankees jersey w/Steiner LOA on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Ahhhhh ok I see what your saying. I agree with everything you are saying BUT!!

I would assume and yes I am assuming and willing to go out on a limb and say these Jerseys were used since the begining of the season and arm bands and patches applied later.

The Yankees were up until recently notorious for being cheap and using the same uniforms over and over again. I would highly doubt they would go out and buy all completely new uniforms just to add an armband and patch to it. I dont even know if teams would do that today let alone in the mid 90's. The fact that they pulled off the armbands and patches would lead me to believe they did this so they can get further use out of them. As I mentioned the Jersey shows solid use so maybe its from use before June 16th or maybe its sue to Girardi wearing it the following year. Who knows?

You did mention Girardi worse 2 sizes bigger than Sierra. I am just curious do you know that for a fact. Because they are pretty close in size to a degree. Sierra was taller than Girardi but according to stats Girardi weighed more than Sierra. I personally find that hard to believe but anythings possible, because I have met both of them and Sierra muscle mass wise is huge. His arms were no joke!! I mean talk about Guns lol No Girardi on the other hand was athletic built but never a big muscle type or at least in my opinion.

So I am just curious is it for sure Girardi was 2 sizes bigger? Because I can easily see Giradi fitting into a Sierra jersey?
    i googled quickly a game used jersey of Girardi to get the size that sold. jersey size is usually more about preference and fit rather than physical built.

i know the yankees were frugal but is more probable,to me at least, that the equipment manager would change the inside name tag like they did with the Rivera tag before reissuing the jersey to Girardi. I assume there hasn't been another size 44 player who wanted to use #25 since Sierra left.

it would nice to ask the equipment manager at this point.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.