Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Bo Jackson Bat Records

Do you have any information on he correct bat numbers that Bo would have used?

Roger

Re: Bo Jackson Bat Records

Hi Roger--

Sorry, but we do not have Bo's records available. Known H & B models ordered and used by Bo include model J93 (documented 1989 All-Star Game bat with large LOUISVILLE labeling on back of barrel) and model B310. Note, however, that mint professional B310 H & B Bo Jackson bats were also sold to Anaconda-Kaye during the 1986-1989 labeling period. These bats were also sold by A-K with the LOUISVILLE lettering that legitimately appeared on All-Star and Post Season bats in 1989. 1986-90 Jackson B310 bats without the large LOUISVILLE labeling may also have been sold to the public by A-K. Be particularly aware of Jackson H & B B310 bats from this labeling period and check provenance, game use characteristics, etc closely.

The same above information regarding the large LOUISVILLE labeling applies to Rickey Henderson T141 bats during that label period.

Hopefully forum members can jump in with additional information and specifications.

Bo Jackson or Jim Thorpe ? Tough question.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

MSpecht,

Thanks that is helpful.

Roger

Roger,

I have four authenticated H&B Bo Jackson bats with the following model numbers:

B016 Ordered 12/92
    R206 1986
    O64 1993
    J93 1991

If anyone has any additional confirmed model numbers that would be quite helpful. (The above-listed bats are not for sale). Thanks.

drew,

i had this discussion with mike specht awhile ago; don't you find the BO16 model a little odd (in terms of the likelihood of it being a gamer)? i mean, how many players have their very own unique lvs model named after them with their uniform number? it's a little bizarre isn't it? none of the biggest superstars in baseball had it yet bo did? i've seen a few BO16's floating around over the years and a part of me always thought that the model number alluded to a tongue-in-cheek promo model. promo models, as you know, appear in the lvs records. if one isn't careful it's possible to overlook a batch that was ordered for promo purposes vs legit game use by that player. it's a very strange model number that is contrary to h&b's naming system. in light of that, i'd try to suss out the real details behind the BO16. perhaps bushing, taube, or malta have access to bo's records and could shed some light on the BO16 model.

personally, if i were in the market for a jackson gamer from his royals days, i'd look for a cooper j93 or lvs j93.

bo jackson lvs r161:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=603&lot=398

rudy.

I have seen a Gary Gaetti LS from 1991-97 that was model BO16.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Rudy,

I had the LS B016 authenticated by John Taube at PSA/DNA. According to the Letter of Authenticity, the bat was ordered from H&B on December 18, 1992, and used during Bo's final season with the White Sox. The bat does show light use - transfer and bat rack marks, number on each end, etc. - and, for what it's worth, Bo did recognize the bat when I got him to sign it at the TriStar show in New Jersey.

Drew

drew,

if taube verified that it wasn't a promo model then that pretty much answers the question. that's really something though isn't it? an lvs model that was his name and uniform number. personally, i'd love to hear from any bat experts about how or why bo got his own model and if he's the only major leaguer to have had that done. is it possible that BO16 had nothing to do with bo jackson and that it was coincidental that he used it?

gaetti and bo never played together so i wonder where he got the idea to use a BO16.

wacky stuff! i'd love to hear more details of how the BO16 came about.

rudy.