Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    I concur that helf35 has been very helpful to me as well, in fact going out of his way to get me into Soxfest this year, which I greatly appreciated. I know he's a huge Sox fan and has given tons of cash to the charity though his purchases over the years.
    He has helped me as well in picking up a jersey when I couldn't go to a garage sale & shipping it to me, and has alerted me when he sees items for sale from one of the guys I collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux4Ever View Post
    I think it's perfectly acceptable what helf did. He asked a question, got an answer, and paid for his items. If the lady had said it was a grand I can only assume helf would have said ok thanks and walked and put the jersey back. I have had a very similar experience at Twinsfest this past year where I was not sure of the color of the sticker on a jersey I really wanted and it was a price difference of $100. I thought it was the more expensive on based on the player but i asked the lady working the checkout and she said it was the cheaper one, so i paid for it and went on my way. Guess that makes me a thief just as much as it does helf huh?!
    Of course not. That doesn't make you a thief at all because you honestly didn't know. What Hef did was a crime because he knew what the true price was (we're talking a thousand dollar difference) and purposefully lied to the lady at the counter who did not have any common sense or knowledge. Yes, shame on the Sox for not having more knowledgeable or perhaps keen-eyed people at the checkout table. He talked his way into a $1000 discount from the naive lady at the expense of Sox charities. He doesn't deserve a "that a boy" or "nice job" from anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    I concur that helf35 has been very helpful to me as well, in fact going out of his way to get me into Soxfest this year, which I greatly appreciated. I know he's a huge Sox fan and has given tons of cash to the charity though his purchases over the years.
    It doesn't matter if he's purchased anything in the past or not. He probably wouldn't have gotten away with it if he didn't go to the table with multiple items in hand. Just because he bought other items, it doesn't make the infraction any less severe. Some of the replies in this thread are mind-boggling from the guys who he's helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Just so you know the jersey just sold this morning and it was also to a fellow forum member so I guess I should thank you for keeping the thread alive.
    Enjoy. I spoke with the White Sox front office this week. Had a really nice conversation with two people who run Soxfest and Whitesox Charities. They appreciated the information I gave them and were very engaging and thankful. They keep accurate records going back five years on what is sold and what credit cards are used. I was able to give them copies of post (snip tool is very helpful and links to other discussions and auctions).

Have a nice laugh for awhile. Joke will be on you very soon, downtown35.

The Sox don't record who buys what at their Garage Sales.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    The Sox don't record who buys what at their Garage Sales.
    Au Contraire.

Received a call back from the Sox today asking for a couple of other follow-up pieces of information. They indeed keep credit card receipts, and along with some Ebay user ID information are able very easily to put two and two together. All three people I've spoken to over there could not have been nicer. Looks like they are seriously going to pursue this.

What he is saying is they do not keep record of what you buy. If I buy one or 50 items all they do is cut the tags off and use a calculator to add it all up. Also considering I'm not hiding it should be pretty easy to find me and my receipts. They can contact me and get my info and I will gladly give it to them so really not a mystery. I Imagine you have told them I took it off the rack and put it under my shirt and walked out with it so I would be happy to share my story of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    Au Contraire.

Received a call back from the Sox today asking for a couple of other follow-up pieces of information. They indeed keep credit card receipts, and along with some Ebay user ID information are able very easily to put two and two together. All three people I've spoken to over there could not have been nicer. Looks like they are seriously going to pursue this.
    Hahahaha this is hilarious that you think anyone will believe this. The White Sox have more important things to do than pursue a $900 waste of time. I guarantee you, without a doubt, your just jealous that he got such a sweet deal on a jersey instead of you.

'Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    Au Contraire.

On 7/13/15, you replied to me with: "please don't publicly try to paint him as the martyr. I've had no less than six private messages from other board members since Saturday congratulating me on calling this guy out."

Pointing out the obvious, you self-painted yourself as a martyr with that statement. Go back and read it if you don't believe me.

I seriously doubt you received a single, let alone six, emails supporting your crusade or someone would have spoken up for themselves. You have no case.

Wanting to leave this thread with a big positive: salukidave, that Bo jersey is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    Wanting to leave this thread with a big positive: salukidave, that Bo jersey is awesome!
    Thanks!

I'll just add that, even if they wanted to, the White Sox have no way whatsoever of matching credit card receipts to specific items sold at their Garage Sales. To say otherwise is hogwash. Let's stop the charade. This site is about providing accurate information for the benefit of collectors, not spreading lies to scare people.