Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helf35
    • Jul 2013

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

I'm going to the game on the 18th and I'm trying to get balls personalized for my son. Any suggestions on the best place to get them. My seats are in the first row of 132 behind home plate behind the scout seats. $15 dollar a ticket steal. Anyway I'm gonna try to get up by the dugout before the game. I haven't tried to get anything from a game for about a decade so I'm a little rusty.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

Access next to the dugout at the Cell is not difficult and most of the autograph hounds are reasonably decent (two things that can't be said about the Unfriendly Confines 9 miles to the north). The park only opens 90 minute prior to game time, though, so you likely won't see the Sox taking BP. If any come out during the visitors' BP or after BP but well before the game, they are often good signers. You can also try hanging by the left field bullpen when the starter warms up to get relief pitchers or coaches.

Good luck.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• helf35
        • Jul 2013

Thanks Dave for the advice unfortunately I didn't make it until after the 1st due to driving out to Waukegan to pick up this gem from Jim & Steve's sports cards from the Chris Sale signing on the 13th. I bought it through Steiner and it has a MLB Holo as well. Sale inscribed 6th Career Save.
        Attached Files

Comment

• helf35
          • Jul 2013

I also picked this up on eBay last week and it came in the mail yesterday.
          Attached Files

Comment

• stasman
            • Dec 2011

I was lucky enough to pick up A.J's game used catchers gear before he left. I have his chest protector and shin guards..I asked AJ to sign them and he added game used...VERY COOL items..they look great displayed....

Comment

• helf35
              • Jul 2013

Keon Barnum bat with tons of ball marks and cleat marks and a very interesting tape job. Pretty excited about this bat because this kid has some pop. Hopefully he can show up in the next couple years to the big club.

Comment

• helf35
                • Jul 2013

I guess it would help if I attached a photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

• 35th&Shields
                  • Dec 2010

It would be nice if he can translate that pop form the minors into the big leauges. Not sure how much more I can take with all these blown saves & losses. The only reason why were not gonna hit 100L's this season is cuz of the few more wins we had with Peavy, Rios and Thorton.

if nothing happens during the off season were there for sure.

I hate to see Konerko go out like this, but this team next year needs to much work before they can be considered contenders. My guess is he moves on, whether in street clothes or another uniform. He still has a few left in him.

Comment

• Melissa1334
                    • Feb 2013

Here are the items I got signed by Avisail at a signing in Naperville, not game used but still wanted to share. It was awesome meeting him :-) sorry for the crappy cell pics

First a baseball inscribed minny miggy lol:

Bat inscribed white sox debut 8/9/13(bat has his name engraved)

and then this one :-)

Everything came out perfect ,no smudges ,perfect pens/markers

Comment

• Melissa1334
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Palehose for Life
                      Sorry it should have been having not heaving!!!
                      Thanks, and yea were lucky to have gotten him from the tigers since you know the sox will never produce a player like that through their system lol they rather have those athletic football/baseball players like Mitchell lol I only went to one game this year , in may I think. Well, if there's a positive, we get the third pick in the draft. Lets not screw it up!

Comment

• ChiBosox05
                        • May 2013

That's awesome! I knew I forgot something today while out running errands...and that was the signing! Darn! It was a bargain, too. Does he actually speak English well?

Comment

• Melissa1334
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ChiBosox05
                          That's awesome! I knew I forgot something today while out running errands...and that was the signing! Darn! It was a bargain, too. Does he actually speak English well?
                          Yup $20 or two for $35. I don't think his English is too good. I asked him to write what was on my notebook on the bat (white sox debut ) and he thought I wanted him to sign the notebook lol and when he did write what I had written for the bat and the pic , he had to keep looking back at the notebook to see how to spell the words. Very nice guy, kinda shy it seemed

Comment

• ChiBosox05
                            • May 2013

Lol. That's genius! I'm glad he took his time and gave you good sigs and inscriptions. I'm really hoping he does another signing at those prices. He will definitely be a star for seasons to come. Was it sold out today? How was Phegley's line?

Comment

• Melissa1334
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ChiBosox05
                              Lol. That's genius! I'm glad he took his time and gave you good sigs and inscriptions. I'm really hoping he does another signing at those prices. He will definitely be a star for seasons to come. Was it sold out today? How was Phegley's line?
                              Phegley definitely had less but he finished first because avisail got there half an hr late lol I'm not sure if it sold out , Chris on here, said when he went to get his tickets that they had 11 left. My understanding was that they had 250 tickets available for each but I heard some people say they were number 300 and something so I don't know. The process was super quick. I passed by phegleys table as he waited to leave. Shook his hand and said nice, really nice guy. I didn't buy a ticket for him though, I didnt think he was worth it lol hope he proved me wrong tbohgh

Comment

• Melissa1334
                                • Feb 2013

Oops said "hi" not nice

Comment

Working...