Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Finally was able to add a sox Albert Belle bat to go with my 98' jersey. Was able to make a trade with a fellow forum member. I have never seen a handle this small. Def end loaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hopefully this guy becomes a staple in the Sox line up for the long haul because he has some serious speed. Eaton at the top and Johnson at the bottom of the order they could cause some serious havoc on the base paths.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Hopefully this guy becomes a staple in the Sox line up for the long haul because he has some serious speed. Eaton at the top and Johnson at the bottom of the order they could cause some serious havoc on the base paths.
    I was gonna bid on that but it went for more than I thought lol he's having a great spring, looks like he can be a dynamic player, his speed is something special. As long as he stays heathy, he's going to be the starting second baseman out of ST imo. I really hope they find a spot for sanchez on the team too

I picked this up at a recent estate sale. It's a jersey from the original Turn-Back-The-Clock game held in 1990. It's a jersey that was made for journeyman reliever Bill Long, who was actually traded earlier in the season so it's not game-used, but I'm nevertheless thrilled to acquire it because of its significance as the first TBC jersey. It came with pants and the hat. I'm not sure how many complete uniforms of this one are out there. Plus this one isn't signed (my personal preference) since Long wasn't around at the time. The jerseys of this kind I've seen have been signed.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    I picked this up at a recent estate sale. It's a jersey from the original Turn-Back-The-Clock game held in 1990. It's a jersey that was made for journeyman reliever Bill Long, who was actually traded earlier in the season so it's not game-used, but I'm nevertheless thrilled to acquire it because of its significance as the first TBC jersey. It came with pants and the hat. I'm not sure how many complete uniforms of this one are out there. Plus this one isn't signed (my personal preference) since Long wasn't around at the time. The jerseys of this kind I've seen have been signed.
    I've always liked this uniform style. Be aware, though, that an identical counterpart of this may well be out there. Because this TBTC game was such an event, the team issued 2 jerseys to each player, one of which they wore and either of which they could keep. Of course, Long was sent packing to the Cubs prior to this game, so, in his case, neither was worn and, with him being gone, neither was likley kept. Stll a marvelous item.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I've always liked this uniform style. Be aware, though, that an identical counterpart of this may well be out there. Because this TBTC game was such an event, the team issued 2 jerseys to each player, one of which they wore and either of which they could keep. Of course, Long was sent packing to the Cubs prior to this game, so, in his case, neither was worn and, with him being gone, neither was likley kept. Stll a marvelous item.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks for the info, Dave. It's good to know. Ideally I'd like to someday pick up one of these jerseys of a main player, but I just haven't seen many available over the years -- even with two of each out there. I think people tend to keep them because they do look cool. This was one of my better finds. I paid $45.

Alexei cleats

Eaton bat

Banned

Cool Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dave. It's good to know. Ideally I'd like to someday pick up one of these jerseys of a main player, but I just haven't seen many available over the years -- even with two of each out there. I think people tend to keep them because they do look cool. This was one of my better finds. I paid $45.
    Also, when the Sox auctioned them c. 1991-92, they did like they did for the Old Comiskey seats pricing them very steep for the era, as Sox management at the time had a phobia about the hobby market profiting off items they sold. The exemplars that got into the hobby after the auction were priced in the neighborhood of $1,000 each....I think that was full uniform.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Also, when the Sox auctioned them c. 1991-92, they did like they did for the Old Comiskey seats pricing them very steep for the era, as Sox management at the time had a phobia about the hobby market profiting off items they sold. The exemplars that got into the hobby after the auction were priced in the neighborhood of $1,000 each....I think that was full uniform.

Dave Miedema
    I ran into a longtime Sox employee today and he told me most jerseys that were sold were signed and that the organization kept only one -- that of pitching coach Dave LaRoche (the dad of current first baseman Adam LaRoche).

Nice pick ups Melissa! Love the Eaton bat.