Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Hey Todd

Your absolutely right on Buehrle wearing a road grey knit during the '08 season. My fault, I apologize for delivering wrong info to those interested. I have found two games 6/1 and game two of the ALDS of Mark wearing a Road Grey Knit. Not sure why I remember him only in Cool Base. The other games you mentioned I see an under arm gusset which tells me it is a cool base. Here are pics below from the two games I have found.

From looking at the two pics I did notice the same snag/pull directly above the front number 6. not sure if its any thing or maybe just stress on the material from when he's throwing his pitch. Since you mentioned you owned the S1 thought I would try to help if you haven't already matched it.

Semper Fi
    Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Joe,

Of course you are exactly right. The other games I listed clearly show that he is wearing a cool base jersey.

I've attached a few pics from an additional start that Buehrle made that year in a knit (May 17th).

I'm a new user to the site, so I am having trouble posting pics of my jersey as the file sizes are too large and I have to figure out how to make them smaller.

Thanks again,

Todd

Here are some pics of my Buehrle Set 1 2008 Road Knit. The MLB authentication is for the signature that Mark added to the jersey during spring training in 2009.

Thanks for letting me share.

Todd

Now that I have posted a few times, let me introduce myself on this thread because this is where I will be spending most of time. I have been collecting used jerseys for about five years now. My collection is mostly White Sox but I do have a few other side collections.

I am a type collector so my goal is to attain a jersey from all the different styles that the White Sox have worn over the years. With all the TBTC games in the last few years, it has become quite the challenge!

If you are interested in seeing a White Sox jersey of a certain style, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to share tagging, lettering, manufacturing knowledge that I have gathered over the years. I am no expert but I will share what I know.

My oldest jersey is from 1946 and I have various jersey styles from that year forward.

As far as players go, I focus on Alexei Ramirez (have 7 different style jerseys) and Paul Konerko (4 different so far). I also collect NHL All-Star jerseys worn by Blackhawk players (4 of those also).

I have been waiting for a while for my membership to come through on this site, and now that it finally happened, I'm looking forward to learning and sharing about this great hobby.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Tlewi11 View Post

I am a type collector so my goal is to attain a jersey from all the different styles that the White Sox have worn over the years.
    You should be fairly successful with that goal until it's time to acquire pre WWII jerseys. Everything from 1946 up to today's stuff is fairly easy to find as long as you are a patient collector. You'll also find that unaltered jerseys from the 60's are few and far between.

I'm guessing that 46 jersey you have is a road? If it's a home I'd love to see it. The home jerseys from that era are impossible to find.

I spent about 18 years collecting styles and gave up the quest last year. I hope you are more successful than I was. Good luck!
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any members pick up anything from Sox Fest? I know of a few solid Youk jerseys available. Not sure on prices yet though. Contact me if interested.

Do you have a White Sox Konerko jersey for sale? Looking for a home jersey before 2006.

Tom b.

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Joe

Whats the deal I almost couldn't even find the thread with the last post being on January 26th I guess we all have been slacking along with the Team!

I went yesterday to the Cubby Bear North to have the Captain sign his 72 Throwback jersey that was worn during Sunday home games in 2012 & purchased thru MLB Auctions.

From the game photos Ive seen this knit jersey is a 1 of 1 and was worn in each of the Sunday home games.
    Looks absolutely great. You've got a nice display piece of a longtime White Sox player.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Ron, lol...Right! its been a while. I still have a few gamers to post but I would like to do some more research on some other 2012's I have before I throw them out there.

That Konerko is Sweet! Veteran Player here on the South Side. I think what I like most about that one other than the style, is that it can be easily matched through the beginning months of the season where he was going ape shyt almost batting at .400. I believe he peaked at .399 Nice Pick up!!

Wow. I'm so jealous of those Konerko's. Where do you usually pick these up?