Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

You can tell them to look for one that was $3500.

Sounds good. It's ok to steal $900 because you bought something else instead? Give me a break. Nothing scummier than hustling a charity event out of money.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    FYI, I bought a black Quintana Set 1 jersey that was only hologramed as "game issued" and it was obviously used a lot. At least last year, I don't believe an authenticator was at all White Sox home games and I noticed a few times that the authenticator left early when he was there. What probably happened was an authenticator was not at the end of the game when they last wore the black alternates so all of those jerseys received a "game issued" designation.
    I had a similar situation on an Eaton jersey I bought at the Friday night garage sale at Soxfest. I found an Eaton jersey with heavy wear that had a hologram that said "game issued" when I looked it up on my phone. It was clearly worn. The other funny part of the hologram info said it was issued to EASTON. I bought it anyway, its an Eaton gamer, mlb authenticators are not perfect....

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Nice pick ups! Any Chance you would be interested in trading or selling the Eaton and Avisail bat.
    Sorry, don't sell any of my items. I will trade doubles in my collection....but I only have one bat from Garcia and Eaton.

-Desi

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    A big thanks to member helf35 for picking up this 2014 Alternate jersey for me at Soxfest this weekend! The jersey is authenticated as issued, which makes sense, since he ended the season in AAA, but there are loose threads & the wash tag was washed. I've started to look at a game for a possible photo match, but I'm finding that a black jersey is not easy to match.
    Two more finds from Soxfest: a 2013 road jersey and the 1983 alternate jersey worn in 2014.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Two more finds from Soxfest: a 2013 road jersey and the 1983 alternate jersey worn in 2014.
    Nice jerseys love the stains on the grey. Hard to find an 83' with use. Did he pitch on any of those days?

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Nice jerseys love the stains on the grey. Hard to find an 83' with use. Did he pitch on any of those days?
    Thanks, Chris. I love pullover jerseys in general, so I was really hoping to get Rienzo's 1983 jersey, which a fellow collector was able to get it for me.

He started two games when they wore this style: May 25 and 31. Here are pictures of him pitching in both games. Would love to add his pants if you see them at the next Sox garage sales...

Not a sox bat but picked up a Mothers Day bat from Melky Cabrera. Its only game ready as he was using Marucci bats at the time and Louisville Slugger were the only ones to make the pink bats during that time frame.

Thanks, Chris. I love pullover jerseys in general, so I was really hoping to get Rienzo's 1983 jersey, which a fellow collector was able to get it for me.

He started two games when they wore this style: May 25 and 31. Here are pictures of him pitching in both games. Would love to add his pants if you see them at the next Sox garage sales...
    Just hit me they had a pair of his cleats there. They were grey New Balance. They might have been training shoes I cant remember.

Alex Rios un cracked. Wish the guy could have put together a few back to back seasons as he had the potential to be a pretty good player but for whatever reason it never worked out. Really disappointed in the few years he was here he never showed up for a soxfest.