Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by vince182 View Post
    Hahahaha this is hilarious that you think anyone will believe this. The White Sox have more important things to do than pursue a $900 waste of time. I guarantee you, without a doubt, your just jealous that he got such a sweet deal on a jersey instead of you.

'Nuff said
    Jealous that someone admitted to essentially stealing something? Not in the least. Your mentality is representative of a few people in the gu collecting community, which is really sad. It's not something I'd be proud of or would tell my kids to do. I don't collect Sale and had no interest in the Jackie Robinson jersey.

Salukidave- A credit card number and a real name can be linked very easily. They've been made aware and were appreciative. Will be fun to watch this unfold.

I just took a look at my receipts from those garage sales....and nothing is itemized. It just states how much I spent.

So in summation: Crazy Paranoid Guy is Crazy and Paranoid.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I won Alexei Ramirez's Chicago White Sox Minnie Minoso tribute jersey from MLB Auctions. I wanted Jose Abreu's jersey, but when the price got to be too high for me I targeted the Ramirez since he also has the Cuban tie-in with Minoso.

Does anyone know what the other Minoso jerseys went for? I was at Riot Fest on the night the auctions ended. I won the Ramirez at $350, which I thought was a good deal. I'm thinking it'll be the one and only time the Sox wear the #9 jerseys (though I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Sox continue to wear #9 and the Cubs #14 in future crosstown games.)

I'm used to buying White Sox jerseys that are washed at the Garage Sales. This Ramirez obviously came right off his back because it smelled bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Some prices realized on the Minoso 1959 jerseys:

Abreu $1831
    Rodon $1082
    Sale $625
    A Garcia $557
    Samardzia $425
    Putnam $300
    Duke $300

I had to go on an international flight the night of the auction so I put strong bids on 4 jerseys and ended up winning three of them which is two more than I need.
    I have the Duke and Putnam on ebay for a little more than cost to cover selling / paypal fees.

Putnam:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191701097431...84.m1555.l2649

Duke
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191701089861...84.m1555.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHOSE1 View Post
    I have the Duke and Putnam on ebay for a little more than cost to cover selling / paypal fees.

Putnam:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191701097431...84.m1555.l2649

Duke
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191701089861...84.m1555.l2649
    Someone please edit out the above; re: forum rules.

Picked up a couple bats that are among the best in my collection -- a 1969-70 Luis Aparicio and a 2014 Jose Abreu. Both are uncracked.

The guy I got the Aparicio from said he was with his dad when Aparicio gave the bat to his dad at Comiskey. It had been in their family ever since.

The Abreu rookie has his mom's name on it. It popped up in the Kansas City Royals team store of all places. The store didn't know what it had. A college kid bought it for a steal and turned a nice profit. I'm guessing the bat was mistakenly left in the dugout at the end of a series.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Talking Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Picked up a couple bats that are among the best in my collection -- a 1969-70 Luis Aparicio and a 2014 Jose Abreu. Both are uncracked.

The guy I got the Aparicio from said he was with his dad when Aparicio gave the bat to his dad at Comiskey. It had been in their family ever since.
    The Little Looie bat is SWEET! And from his time with the Chisox, no less.

Dave Miedema

Nice pick ups. The Louis is sweet. What year is the Abreu?

Abreu is 2014.