Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    Lucked into this Abreu gamer at the garage sale after I pulled it from a packed box not yet on display. Has Abreu's custom tape job and shows great use. Considering what Abreu gamers sell for this was a historic find. Open to trades on this for Cubs items since I am more of a Cubs collector -- I collect Rizzo, Grace, Sosa, Wood & Prior. Debating whether to throw onto eBay or cosign to Goldin Auctions so it gets into a nice White Sox collection.

Should be an easy photomatch with mlb.tv.

Thanks again to member Helf35 for getting me a weekend pass!
    So apparently a bunch of the Adam Dunn bats that were scooped up last year in an attempt to sell them as "Abreu gamers" are now being sold as "Reds" bats from his time in Cincinnati. Just a heads up to anyone who collects Sox or Reds stuff. Be careful out there. The scam artists in this hobby are sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    So apparently a bunch of the Adam Dunn bats that were scooped up last year in an attempt to sell them as "Abreu gamers" are now being sold as "Reds" bats from his time in Cincinnati. Just a heads up to anyone who collects Sox or Reds stuff. Be careful out there. The scam artists in this hobby are sickening.
    Do you have a link to one of these auctions or offerings? Believe me, I constantly look around for Dunn bats and am stumped by your statement. I've never seen a Dunn White Sox bat being described as having use from his Reds days (2001-2008). Any collector worth their salt would know he almost exclusively used Louisville Slugger bats with the Reds and the LVS bats he did order while with the White Sox had that team name on the barrel. I haven't seen a Marucci bat in Dunn's hands in a game earlier than 2012 (the vast majority were LVS that year) and can't conceive of someone buying a Dunn Marucci thinking it was used as a Red.

Not sure what point you think you are making with this post but the Dunn bat I bought last year that is described in that post had a MLB hologram identifying Abreu as using it with the date and inning of use. Unfortunately I guess you have not left this website...

Please show us these mystical Dunn White Sox Reds gamers that were once Jose Abreu bats! If your referring to the Dunn Abreu bat I have on eBay that came from Golden Auctions. If that's the case are you saying Goldin sold a fraudulent bat?

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    Not sure what point you think you are making with this post but the Dunn bat I bought last year that is described in that post had a MLB hologram identifying Abreu as using it with the date and inning of use. Unfortunately I guess you have not left this website...
    You bat is legitimate, and that is why I used it as an example. I know that you saw all the speculators last year scooping up those cheap bats though. Don't think for a second that those bats, once proven not to be Abreu's, are being forced onto the secondary market, sans holos.

If there are any GUU members going to Sox Fest this weekend, if you would, please keep an eye open for Jeff Samardzija items for me. I really would like to add an item or two to my collection.

Thank you,

Mike
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Anyone want to post and brag about what they stole from Soxfest this year?

No?

No $1000 jerseys being "sold" for $100 because the lady at the counter "misread" the tag?

Funny how a few phone calls to some high ranking front office staff put an end to that shit.

No?

No $1000 jerseys being "sold" for $100 because the lady at the counter "misread" the tag?

Funny how a few phone calls to some high ranking front office staff put an end to that shit.
    Man can we just get past this!!!! You are ruining people's experience on this site dude!!! We all get that you aren't happy with whatever it is you seem to think Helf did so just drop and if you have something more to say all I ask is you take it to a different board because we don't want it here. I think I speak for everyone on this board when I ask you to either keep your comments relevant to the threads or you just leave this site. Thank you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 35th&Shields View Post
    I thought a Ventura jersey would be relevant for this thread at this time. First year manager for the SouthSide and a first place team majority of the AL Central thus far.Im Hoping to pick up a 2012 jersey at next years SoxFest to add to my collection. Little did he know that in '95 he would be managing the Sox in 2012 and winning a WS Championship the same season.

This jersey is photo matched to many cards and pics through out the '95 season. Robin wore both Wilson and Russel that season but in my opinion this was his most worn home pinstripe. With all the matches I have found and judging by the use of this gamer. Im thrilled to have this in my collection.

I like to use the under arm pinstripes to determine my concrete photo matches if applicable. Patches, numbers and last names are just as good. In my opinion its pretty hard to reverse photo match pinstripes in certain areas.
    Very nice Ventura jersey, SSS. I just won a Carlos Sanchez GU rookie cap off salukidave...not as big a deal as a Robin gamer, but still something I enjoy having. Thanks, Dave.

Dave Miedema

No?

still bitter that you didn't get the deal of the year? you must lead a boring life