Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

I don't normally like autos on my game used, but I must admit that those signatures look great!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

do the white sox sell game used hats and batting gloves at the garage sale? just wondering because ive looked on ebay for game used batting gloves of the current players and game used hats(traditional black)and cant find any

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa1334 View Post
    do the white sox sell game used hats and batting gloves at the garage sale? just wondering because ive looked on ebay for game used batting gloves of the current players and game used hats(traditional black)and cant find any
    Hats, yes. Batting gloves, no.

I picked up a couple choice game-used items from the Garage Sale -- a Vizquel helmet and a Dunn pink bat. Also picked up a few game-used balls from 2005. It's hard to believe they still had some balls from the World Series champion season, but they were there to be had in the big garbage can of balls.

Game used caps can be found. Batting gloves on the other hand, I have never seen for sale in my years of going.

My understanding was, that the players purchased their own gloves and cleats (either paid themselves or provided through sponsorship deals) which they kept after the season. It would explain why you don't see batting gloves or cleats at the garage sale.

Anything purchased by the team like jerseys and bats were the team's property, therefore you would see them at the garage sale. Mind you, there are players who purchased their own bats, but I'm seen bats from most players over the recent years. Jermaine Dye claims to have purchased his own bats and was surprised they ended up at the garage sale....made a comment that someone from the Sox was stealing from him.

With that being said, I actually found 4 pairs of cleats at the garage sale...2 pairs of Youkilis cleats and 2 pairs of Flowers cleats. I have never seen cleats at the garage sale before, and I collect cleats. One of the guys behind the table was suprised to see cleats for sale as he confirmed what I had heard, that the usually keep their gloves and cleats at the end of the season. I got to work with Kevin Youkilis over the winter and he said he left a bunch of cleats and bats with the White Sox...found the cleats, but have not seen one of his White Sox bats yet!

Maybe we'll start seeing more at the next garage sales?

thanks for the info. maybe next year ill go and try to get a hat

i posted these in the may pick ups thread but ill post them here so we can keep this thread alive lol:
    beckham and rios:

addison reed:

Ron, you Motivated me to start up posting again. Nice pick up on the JR Day Pierzynski.Shows Nice on field wear like you mentioned.

Great Pick ups Everybody!!

Here is one that I've been working on and been back and forth with. While I wish I could match up this gamer perfectly to Humbers Perfecto. Everything I come up with is sketchy but some can be promising. I came up with a list of about 20 questions to try and figure out if the jersey I have in hand is the jersey Beckham and Viciedo wore. Heres are some pics from the beginning of the season thru sept 16th. This jersey is freakin hammered. All its missing is some puck marks, board burns and a few team repairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Pic 1 Loose thread in "G"
    Pic 2 Loose thread in lower part of Last name of "B"
    Pic 3 Shows gusset of CB Jersey
    Pic 4 same puckering, pilling and loose threads.
    Pic 5 Jersey is hammered by then.

There are tons of pics that I've found that show Beckham in this same jersey. Just about every game pic I can almost match something to the jersey in hand. But What are the possibilities of Beckham wearing only one Grey Rd CB jersey all season? Regardless, this has been one of my most thrilling chases trying to match up this gamer to Humbers Perfecto. I know i may never prove my theory, my last resort is to ask Beckham and Viciedo themselves. Either way I would like to think of these gamers as POSSIBLY PERFECT!!

Here is Tanks CB Jersey. Shows good puckering all over, some piling mainly around waist area, and some loose threads here and there. He wore both Knit and CB for the 2012 season. Came up empty for Humbers Perfect game, but did wear CB. Found many style matches for the puckering all over and a few solid matches for the loose threads. What a major difference in terms of wear between Beckham and Tanks gamer.

Here are some random pics through out the season which show both style and photo matches. No particular order.