Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Saw this on Chicago craigslist for $125 if anyone wanted to go grab it, nice looking uniform:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/4768922187.html

Tony Castillo 1997 Vintage Crosstown Classic gameworn WhiteSox unifor - $125 (Hyde Park Thrift)

I saw the article below this morning and figured some would be interested...

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...rkos-last-game

I wouldn't mind grabbing a locker. I have been planning on going so if anyone out there is looking for something let me know. If anyone else plans on going it would be cool to meet up with some other sox collectors. I plan on getting there early so I should be somewhere towards the front.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I wouldn't mind grabbing a locker. I have been planning on going so if anyone out there is looking for something let me know. If anyone else plans on going it would be cool to meet up with some other sox collectors. I plan on getting there early so I should be somewhere towards the front.
    I was planning on heading over there. I waited 90 minutes to get into the last garage sale at the park -- from those that have been to this December sale before do you expect the same type of lines? I would plan on getting there around 10 when they open.

I imagine its close. The one in July I got in during the first wave and I Showed up 30 before it opened. The deals seem better in July as opposed to this one. Maybe its just me.

Would they have any of the Pink hats (worn against Arizona) or Chicago American Giants hats at the sale?

They had a couple pink hats last year. Not sure about the other. I know they send the civil rights hats to the highland mint for sale. You might want to check with them about those.

Anyone buy anything at today's garage sale? How much were the stadium seats?

Seats were $200 a pop and sold out. Game-used stuff was largely leftover stuff from the Soxfest Garage Sale and in-season Yard Sale. I did pick up a pair of Baines spikes for $30. I don't think they realized they were his.

This was a pretty good sale for oddball stuff, however. Tons of autograph balls for $5 and autographed pictures for $2. Also picked up a signed 2007 team ball for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Seats were $200 a pop and sold out. Game-used stuff was largely leftover stuff from the Soxfest Garage Sale and in-season Yard Sale. I did pick up a pair of Baines spikes for $30. I don't think they realized they were his.

This was a pretty good sale for oddball stuff, however. Tons of autograph balls for $5 and autographed pictures for $2. Also picked up a signed 2007 team ball for $30.
    Nice price on the seats, mad I missed it.

Someone on Twitter posted a Bo Jackson signed ball they found for $5.