Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Over 1K for sure maybe close to 2K? Definitely one of a kind. 1 of 1 to be exact. I was hoping I wouldn't see it until after Sox fest so I can see what other PK 2012 jerseys are out there. I really don't want to break open the vault for this one. May the best Fan Win!

Any one have an opinion on this "game used" Thomas jersey?

Looks questionable to me on a few fronts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frank-Thomas...item3a7d8e9e12

I'm not an expert, but a few things stand out to me. The tagging looks right, and there was no nameplate for the pinstripes for that year. BUT, I thought he was a size 48.....I believe my game issue is a 48, but I don't remember since it's been at my framers getting box framed.

Hope someone else chimes as I'd like to know what they think themselves. Not because I want to bid on it, but I'd like to get more educated on such things!

Quote Originally Posted by Desi View Post
    I'm not an expert, but a few things stand out to me. The tagging looks right, and there was no nameplate for the pinstripes for that year. BUT, I thought he was a size 48.....I believe my game issue is a 48, but I don't remember since it's been at my framers getting box framed.

Hope someone else chimes as I'd like to know what they think themselves. Not because I want to bid on it, but I'd like to get more educated on such things!
    Thanks Desi....Same here. Trying to get some education. I am looking for a nice Thomas GU jersey, but want to buy a very solid one. This one is not that, IMO. Maybe it is the photos, but the jersey just doesn't look like a 50 (or 48) it appears too short and too wide.

Also, the tagging seems inconsistent. The team tag looks brand new, but the Diamond Collection and material tags looks very well worn.

The ebay jersey is probably an 'extra'. The tagging should read 35-50-93-1. Also, Frank was closer to a 46 to 48 back in 1993 when he was a more agile player.

I'm not saying the jersey is bad, but it's very possible it's no good. Any enterprising forger can take an 'extra' jersey and create a fake. Ever wonder why most of the 'extra' jerseys are for Hall of Famers? Think about it......
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    The ebay jersey is probably an 'extra'. The tagging should read 35-50-93-1. Also, Frank was closer to a 46 to 48 back in 1993 when he was a more agile player.

I'm not saying the jersey is bad, but it's very possible it's no good. Any enterprising forger can take an 'extra' jersey and create a fake. Ever wonder why most of the 'extra' jerseys are for Hall of Famers? Think about it......

Thanks for the feedback on this one Mike! It is much appreciated.

Steve

What is with the Mark Buerhle Grey Road Jersey from BPH on ebay. Sems reasonable but has been on there for ever. Is it because of Marks liking to the Black Jerseys?

Just curious.

Glen

The Grey Rd jersey from BPH is solid. I had interest in the jersey as well when it posted some time ago. I still have no Buehrle in my collection. If Im not mistaken, after doing some research from that season on that jersey. I found no pic of any of Buehrle's starts wearing a grey knit. Now I'm not saying he didnt wear this jersey, but I cant justify dropping close to 1K for a modern day jersey I can not photo match. For a few hundred bucks more I could happily land a photo matched Konerko which will hold its value more than the Buehrle listed. Just my preference everybody!

Unfortunately for me, I have passed on a couple solid Thomas jerseys I still wish I would of pulled the trigger on. My guess is when his numbered is called for the HOF we'll see a few pop up from collectors trying to cash in. Definitely nothing wrong with that. What I feel comfortable with is nothing bigger than a sz 48 some where during or after the '95 season and a sz 46 with plus extra length before that. This is just based on my research and what I would feel comfortable with. Heres a pic of Thomas from the '05 season. I could not find the closer image I had found years ago, but I'm pretty sure its a 05 48 S?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you know what year the Jermaine Dye bat is from? Thank you. Clare Jerabek

clarejerabek@wowway.com

I'm not saying its the same jersey as the one listed, but Getty Images does have a number of pictures of Buehrle wearing a grey road knit jersey in 2008. There are pictures from 6/1, 6/24,7/10, 7/28 and 8/2. He also wore a grey knit in game 2 of the ALDS.

Again, not saying it's the same jersey, just mentioning that he did wear grey knits a few times that year.

As an aside, I own the Set 1 autographed grey knit from the same year. Won it from a Sox charity event a few years back.

Todd