X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Southsidesox
    • Feb 2015

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Originally posted by helf35
    Bats were all priced well this year so hopefully that's a trend that continues. I did get the Sale jersey for a great price due to the extra zero's at the end being close together so I ended up with a much cheaper deal then it was originally priced.
    Lots of backtracking going on, but this is the original post. Someone else called you out on it, but now it's the excuse game ("the ladies at the counter checked it"). You knew what you had, just like you posted here in the first post. You were so excited that you ripped off White Sox Charities that you couldn't wait to get here and tell everyone you stole a Chris Sale jersey $900 less than what it was actually marked. Those words above are your words, nobody else's. You have to live with yourself.

Comment

• helf35
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Southsidesox
      You completely avoided the question on the Sale jersey. That Sale jersey was $1000, and you played some kind of game with the unsuspecting, unknowing lady at the counter. I'm all for people making a good deal, but clearly the lady at the counter didn't know and wasn't prepared. She didn't know what you had. You knew what you had. The guys marking the prices knew what they had. You probably went up there with another jersey that did say $100, and you tried to get both for $100 instead of paying the Sox and WHITE SOX CHARITIES the rightful $1000 for the Sale jersey. That's just shameful and disgusting. And to come on here and make a statement about it, almost half boasting and half apologizing? Clearly you've got some bad feelings going on inside, and that's a shame. The money goes to a good cause, so I'm not sure why you'd try to rip off the Sox on something like that. Lots of scumbags in this hobby unfortunately.
      And lots of dipshits like yourself. How did I avoid your question? It's pretty simple answer. the last 2 years they have been at $100 so I asked a simple question is jersey a $100 or $1000. She said a hundred and rang it up. The past 2 years the regular jerseys have been 1K and they were up front with some of the other higher prices jerseys. The past 2 years the Jackie Robinson jerseys have been $100 and $125. I think it was a pretty legit question.

Comment

• Southsidesox
        • Feb 2015

And lots of dipshits like yourself. How did I avoid your question? It's pretty simple answer. the last 2 years they have been at $100 so I asked a simple question is jersey a $100 or $1000. She said a hundred and rang it up. The past 2 years the regular jerseys have been 1K and they were up front with some of the other higher prices jerseys. The past 2 years the Jackie Robinson jerseys have been $100 and $125. I think it was a pretty legit question.
        See below.

Bats were all priced well this year so hopefully that's a trend that continues. I did get the Sale jersey for a great price due to the extra zero's at the end being close together so I ended up with a much cheaper deal then it was originally priced.

Comment

• helf35
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Southsidesox
          See below.
          Exactly that's why I asked.

Comment

• Southsidesox
            • Feb 2015

You were bragging that you got it for a "great price"...but now you backtrack and claim it was supposed to be $100.

Like I said, it sucks since this money is supposed to go to White Sox Charities. I dont know how some people operate by stealing like this and having that on your conscience. It must be a sickness.

Might be fun to make some calls to the White Sox. I know they keep credit card receipts.

Comment

• helf35
              • Jul 2013

You can tell them to look for one that was $3500.

Comment

• Southsidesox
                • Feb 2015

Sounds good. It's ok to steal $900 because you bought something else instead? Give me a break. Nothing scummier than hustling a charity event out of money.

Comment

• PALEHOSE1
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by salukidave
                  FYI, I bought a black Quintana Set 1 jersey that was only hologramed as "game issued" and it was obviously used a lot. At least last year, I don't believe an authenticator was at all White Sox home games and I noticed a few times that the authenticator left early when he was there. What probably happened was an authenticator was not at the end of the game when they last wore the black alternates so all of those jerseys received a "game issued" designation.
                  I had a similar situation on an Eaton jersey I bought at the Friday night garage sale at Soxfest. I found an Eaton jersey with heavy wear that had a hologram that said "game issued" when I looked it up on my phone. It was clearly worn. The other funny part of the hologram info said it was issued to EASTON. I bought it anyway, its an Eaton gamer, mlb authenticators are not perfect....

Comment

• Desi
                    • Apr 2010

Nice pick ups! Any Chance you would be interested in trading or selling the Eaton and Avisail bat.
                    Sorry, don't sell any of my items. I will trade doubles in my collection....but I only have one bat from Garcia and Eaton.

-Desi

Comment

• esigs
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by esigs
                      A big thanks to member helf35 for picking up this 2014 Alternate jersey for me at Soxfest this weekend! The jersey is authenticated as issued, which makes sense, since he ended the season in AAA, but there are loose threads & the wash tag was washed. I've started to look at a game for a possible photo match, but I'm finding that a black jersey is not easy to match.
                      Two more finds from Soxfest: a 2013 road jersey and the 1983 alternate jersey worn in 2014.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• helf35
                        • Jul 2013

Two more finds from Soxfest: a 2013 road jersey and the 1983 alternate jersey worn in 2014.
                        Nice jerseys love the stains on the grey. Hard to find an 83' with use. Did he pitch on any of those days?

Comment

• esigs
                          • Aug 2012

Nice jerseys love the stains on the grey. Hard to find an 83' with use. Did he pitch on any of those days?
                          Thanks, Chris. I love pullover jerseys in general, so I was really hoping to get Rienzo's 1983 jersey, which a fellow collector was able to get it for me.

He started two games when they wore this style: May 25 and 31. Here are pictures of him pitching in both games. Would love to add his pants if you see them at the next Sox garage sales...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• helf35
                            • Jul 2013

Not a sox bat but picked up a Mothers Day bat from Melky Cabrera. Its only game ready as he was using Marucci bats at the time and Louisville Slugger were the only ones to make the pink bats during that time frame.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• helf35
                              • Jul 2013

Thanks, Chris. I love pullover jerseys in general, so I was really hoping to get Rienzo's 1983 jersey, which a fellow collector was able to get it for me.

He started two games when they wore this style: May 25 and 31. Here are pictures of him pitching in both games. Would love to add his pants if you see them at the next Sox garage sales...
                              Just hit me they had a pair of his cleats there. They were grey New Balance. They might have been training shoes I cant remember.

Comment

• helf35
                                • Jul 2013

Alex Rios un cracked. Wish the guy could have put together a few back to back seasons as he had the potential to be a pretty good player but for whatever reason it never worked out. Really disappointed in the few years he was here he never showed up for a soxfest.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...