X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Melissa1334
    • Feb 2013

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Originally posted by helf35
    Nice pick ups Melissa! Love the Eaton bat.
    Thanks, I was lucky someone had another one. I lost out on the one that was on eBay, didn't think it'd get up that high, paid $105 for this one, I'm happy.

Comment

• godwulf
      • Aug 2007

Every once in a while, a player will leave the Diamondbacks system and I find myself still collecting his "other team" stuff - either because he really impressed me as a player, or because I had a chance to interact with him when he was here and I was impressed with him as a person. Adam Eaton and Matt Davidson are a couple of good examples. Along with providing me with more than two dozen DBacks bats a couple of weeks ago, my Cactus League source got me a nice black Davidson Rawlings from this last spring. Maybe next year, the White Sox will come to Arizona for interleague play, Matt will be on the roster and I'll be able to get it signed.
      Jeff
      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• helf35
        • Jul 2013

Anyone go to the garage sale yesterday? Curious if the had any Avisail items and prices on bats.

Comment

• salukidave
          • Jan 2007

Anyone go to the garage sale yesterday? Curious if the had any Avisail items and prices on bats.
          One of the worst Garage Sales ever. Lots of stuff, but not a lot that was any good. Virtually nothing available from any player of note. I think that's probably going to be the case in the future, too. The team is selling most of its good stuff in auctions at the park and online.

I did pick up a couple of odds bats (Baines fungo and Bevington '96 All-Star Game) along with a piece of foul pole from Comiskey Park.

Comment

• helf35
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by salukidave
            One of the worst Garage Sales ever. Lots of stuff, but not a lot that was any good. Virtually nothing available from any player of note. I think that's probably going to be the case in the future, too. The team is selling most of its good stuff in auctions at the park and online.

I did pick up a couple of odds bats (Baines fungo and Bevington '96 All-Star Game) along with a piece of foul pole from Comiskey Park.
            That's what I was afraid of. I saw a photo they posted before the sale and it looked like a ton of Flowers max bats in the photo. Were you in at the beginning or did you go in at the end. Did you see any prices on Jersey's.

Comment

• helf35
              • Jul 2013

Also did you find use on that Sale jersey from mlb auctions? I thought it was a first set and would show plenty of wear on the washtag.

Comment

• salukidave
                • Jan 2007

Also did you find use on that Sale jersey from mlb auctions? I thought it was a first set and would show plenty of wear on the washtag.
                I was at the front of the line so I saw what was available when it opened. A kid got lucky and found an Abreu warmup jacket for $40. The jacket had 79 written on the collar tag. I didn't investigate prices much because there wasn't anything worth buying from my perspective, at least from what I saw. Friends said the same thing. Venturas were going for $300 and a rookie Sanchez for $200 so the very few jerseys that were decent were not cheap.

The Sale jersey I bought in the team's online auction has lots of use.

Comment

• helf35
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by salukidave
                  I was at the front of the line so I saw what was available when it opened. A kid got lucky and found an Abreu warmup jacket for $40. The jacket had 79 written on the collar tag. I didn't investigate prices much because there wasn't anything worth buying from my perspective, at least from what I saw. Friends said the same thing. Venturas were going for $300 and a rookie Sanchez for $200 so the very few jerseys that were decent were not cheap.

The Sale jersey I bought in the team's online auction has lots of use.
                  Not with the way the team is playing. Even Abreu items are dropping off on the secondary market. If the team keeps playing like they have been there should be bargains at soxfest again this year.

Comment

• helf35
                    • Jul 2013

Has anyone visited the game used kiosk for the silent auction at the Cell? Just curious I was going to check it out at the next game I go to. I have yet to go this year. Wondering if they have anything decent or if it is just a bunch of autographs.

Comment

• Tigersrawsome
                      • Mar 2014

Looking to buy a chris sale strikeout ball from this season or maybe last season. If you have one let me know Id like one. Email is kalepg2456@gmail.com

Comment

• helf35
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Tigersrawsome
                        Looking to buy a chris sale strikeout ball from this season or maybe last season. If you have one let me know Id like one. Email is kalepg2456@gmail.com

I am starting to think they do not exist. I have 1 and its the only one I have seen anywhere. You would think with all his K's there would be more out there. I asked the authentics guy last night if they had any and he said all they had was 1 and it was Sale's 10th K and it went to him. They only sold 2 balls even authenticated to Sale.

Comment

• salukidave
                          • Jan 2007

I've been looking for a legitimate Bo Jackson White Sox jersey for a long time and I finally acquired one -- this 1991 Set 1 away jersey. Special thanks to Dave Mediema for taking a look at it and giving his blessing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• TigersCubs84
                            • Feb 2015

From a Cubs fan, I say that Bo Jackson jersey is really nice! Congrats on that.

Comment

• helf35
                              • Jul 2013

Nice Jackson. Truly a grail piece for any true White Sox collector.

Comment

• Southsidesox
                                • Feb 2015

So this guys steals the jersey from White Sox Charities at Soxfest for $100 (well documented in this thread) and now is selling it on Ebay, asking $1250?

Scum.

Comment

Working...