X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Originally posted by PALEHOSE1
    Someone please edit out the above; re: forum rules.

Comment

• salukidave
      • Jan 2007

Picked up a couple bats that are among the best in my collection -- a 1969-70 Luis Aparicio and a 2014 Jose Abreu. Both are uncracked.

The guy I got the Aparicio from said he was with his dad when Aparicio gave the bat to his dad at Comiskey. It had been in their family ever since.

The Abreu rookie has his mom's name on it. It popped up in the Kansas City Royals team store of all places. The store didn't know what it had. A college kid bought it for a steal and turned a nice profit. I'm guessing the bat was mistakenly left in the dugout at the end of a series.
      Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by salukidave
        Picked up a couple bats that are among the best in my collection -- a 1969-70 Luis Aparicio and a 2014 Jose Abreu. Both are uncracked.

The guy I got the Aparicio from said he was with his dad when Aparicio gave the bat to his dad at Comiskey. It had been in their family ever since.
        The Little Looie bat is SWEET! And from his time with the Chisox, no less.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• helf35
          • Jul 2013

Nice pick ups. The Louis is sweet. What year is the Abreu?

Comment

• salukidave
            • Jan 2007

Abreu is 2014.

Comment

• Southsidesox
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by twarman17
              Lucked into this Abreu gamer at the garage sale after I pulled it from a packed box not yet on display. Has Abreu's custom tape job and shows great use. Considering what Abreu gamers sell for this was a historic find. Open to trades on this for Cubs items since I am more of a Cubs collector -- I collect Rizzo, Grace, Sosa, Wood & Prior. Debating whether to throw onto eBay or cosign to Goldin Auctions so it gets into a nice White Sox collection.

Should be an easy photomatch with mlb.tv.

Thanks again to member Helf35 for getting me a weekend pass!
              So apparently a bunch of the Adam Dunn bats that were scooped up last year in an attempt to sell them as "Abreu gamers" are now being sold as "Reds" bats from his time in Cincinnati. Just a heads up to anyone who collects Sox or Reds stuff. Be careful out there. The scam artists in this hobby are sickening.

Comment

• Juan Gris
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Southsidesox
                So apparently a bunch of the Adam Dunn bats that were scooped up last year in an attempt to sell them as "Abreu gamers" are now being sold as "Reds" bats from his time in Cincinnati. Just a heads up to anyone who collects Sox or Reds stuff. Be careful out there. The scam artists in this hobby are sickening.
                Do you have a link to one of these auctions or offerings? Believe me, I constantly look around for Dunn bats and am stumped by your statement. I've never seen a Dunn White Sox bat being described as having use from his Reds days (2001-2008). Any collector worth their salt would know he almost exclusively used Louisville Slugger bats with the Reds and the LVS bats he did order while with the White Sox had that team name on the barrel. I haven't seen a Marucci bat in Dunn's hands in a game earlier than 2012 (the vast majority were LVS that year) and can't conceive of someone buying a Dunn Marucci thinking it was used as a Red.

Comment

• twarman17
                  • Oct 2013

Not sure what point you think you are making with this post but the Dunn bat I bought last year that is described in that post had a MLB hologram identifying Abreu as using it with the date and inning of use. Unfortunately I guess you have not left this website...

Comment

• helf35
                    • Jul 2013

Please show us these mystical Dunn White Sox Reds gamers that were once Jose Abreu bats! If your referring to the Dunn Abreu bat I have on eBay that came from Golden Auctions. If that's the case are you saying Goldin sold a fraudulent bat?

Comment

• Southsidesox
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by twarman17
                      Not sure what point you think you are making with this post but the Dunn bat I bought last year that is described in that post had a MLB hologram identifying Abreu as using it with the date and inning of use. Unfortunately I guess you have not left this website...
                      You bat is legitimate, and that is why I used it as an example. I know that you saw all the speculators last year scooping up those cheap bats though. Don't think for a second that those bats, once proven not to be Abreu's, are being forced onto the secondary market, sans holos.

Comment

• nevrdiez34
                        • Feb 2010

If there are any GUU members going to Sox Fest this weekend, if you would, please keep an eye open for Jeff Samardzija items for me. I really would like to add an item or two to my collection.

Thank you,

Mike
                        Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

• Southsidesox
                          • Feb 2015

Anyone want to post and brag about what they stole from Soxfest this year?

No?

No $1000 jerseys being "sold" for $100 because the lady at the counter "misread" the tag?

Funny how a few phone calls to some high ranking front office staff put an end to that shit.

Comment

• Sioux4Ever
                            • Aug 2011

No?

No $1000 jerseys being "sold" for $100 because the lady at the counter "misread" the tag?

Funny how a few phone calls to some high ranking front office staff put an end to that shit.
                            Man can we just get past this!!!! You are ruining people's experience on this site dude!!! We all get that you aren't happy with whatever it is you seem to think Helf did so just drop and if you have something more to say all I ask is you take it to a different board because we don't want it here. I think I speak for everyone on this board when I ask you to either keep your comments relevant to the threads or you just leave this site. Thank you

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by 35th&Shields
                              I thought a Ventura jersey would be relevant for this thread at this time. First year manager for the SouthSide and a first place team majority of the AL Central thus far.Im Hoping to pick up a 2012 jersey at next years SoxFest to add to my collection. Little did he know that in '95 he would be managing the Sox in 2012 and winning a WS Championship the same season.

This jersey is photo matched to many cards and pics through out the '95 season. Robin wore both Wilson and Russel that season but in my opinion this was his most worn home pinstripe. With all the matches I have found and judging by the use of this gamer. Im thrilled to have this in my collection.

I like to use the under arm pinstripes to determine my concrete photo matches if applicable. Patches, numbers and last names are just as good. In my opinion its pretty hard to reverse photo match pinstripes in certain areas.
                              Very nice Ventura jersey, SSS. I just won a Carlos Sanchez GU rookie cap off salukidave...not as big a deal as a Robin gamer, but still something I enjoy having. Thanks, Dave.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• vince182
                                • Jan 2014

No?

still bitter that you didn't get the deal of the year? you must lead a boring life

Comment

Working...