Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Re: Official Chicago White Sox GU

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesox View Post
    Anyone want to post and brag about what they stole from Soxfest this year?

No?

No $1000 jerseys being "sold" for $100 because the lady at the counter "misread" the tag?

Funny how a few phone calls to some high ranking front office staff put an end to that shit.
    Do any moderators want to step in and publicly talk to this guy?! He continually contributes nothing to the conversation and has only scared away new members from joining (and current members from posting). I'm surprised it's come to this considering how some threads are so closely moderated.

Not sure what you think you have accomplished or whatever it is you think you have done but if it makes you feel good more power to you. As you typed that last statement I laugh at the thought of you high fiving yourself after every key stroke. Every garage sale i attend it seems as my inbox gets larger with requests to look for items which I am happy to do and this year was my largest hual regarding that matter. I was able to find almost a dozen items for fellow collectors which I have as much fun doing that as buying for myself. FYI not much really changed. Pretty much the same as every year other than more people asking you if they could help you find anything.

As far as the Soxfest garage i really liked it this year other than the bat prices. With more players keeping there items players like Cabrera, Abreu and Garcia are pretty slim. There were a few Eaton bats left when I left Sunday along with about 100 Flowers and Ramirez bats. Some of the jersey prices were pretty good other than the high prices on Garcia and Melky. I only did see one Sale and it looked issued at $750 but it did have the Pierce and Minoso patches. I believe a fellow forum member got a steal on the mlb auctions listing that showed tons of use for under that price. It was nice to have someone to have knowledge about authenticated items this year. The woman who was running the show was able to tell you the items that were authenticated as only issued so you didnt have to waste your time trying to look at everything on your phone. It did seem they authenticated most of there items after the season thus most items were only authenticated as issued.

I didnt get into the sale until after the Frazier signing so around 30 minutes after it opened. There were several guys in there with piles of jersey's so maybe there were a few cheaper high end items during the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    Not sure what you think you have accomplished or whatever it is you think you have done but if it makes you feel good more power to you. As you typed that last statement I laugh at the thought of you high fiving yourself after every key stroke. Every garage sale i attend it seems as my inbox gets larger with requests to look for items which I am happy to do and this year was my largest hual regarding that matter. I was able to find almost a dozen items for fellow collectors which I have as much fun doing that as buying for myself. FYI not much really changed. Pretty much the same as every year other than more people asking you if they could help you find anything.
    This is hilarious. You openly admit last year to stealing from a charity event, still show no remorse or humility over it, and try to victimize yourself as a martyr. I can sleep at night. Based on this paragraph of hyperbole you just wrote, it appears you're having trouble doing so. Keep it up. Also, nobody's association with you here legitimizes what you did. That's a classic self-defense argument. I've had a dozen PMs from others on this site telling me how right I am and how wrong you are. My inbox is bursting.

All that said, I enjoyed the sale and had a nice time talking to a couple of front office Sox people over the weekend. They were all very appreciative for the "heads up" on the funny business going on lately at the Garage Sales. I've actually been invited down in two weeks to talk to them about a business proposition. Don't want to give too much away right now though.

Just picked up this Fisk cap circa 1987-1990.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Let's see if we can revive this thread. I'm thrilled to have picked up this Jose Abreu helmet at Tuesday's in-game auction.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    Let's see if we can revive this thread. I'm thrilled to have picked up this Jose Abreu helmet at Tuesday's in-game auction.
    Very nice pick up!

Great pick up Dave. If you ever decide to move the Abreu helmet, I would be very interested. I recently added a pair of his 2015 GU cleats to my collection.