Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My Cincinnati Reds / Joey Votto GRAIL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Does the small card describing the items mention that they are on loan from your collection?

I am planning on loaning parts of my 49er game worn collection to the team for display in the HOF that will open with the new stadium. We have already met about the subject and the team is interested in quite a few pieces. My family and I were invited to 49er HQ last month and had a complete tour of the place which was quite a thrill.

When you loaned your items to the team what kind of arrangements were made with regards to length of loan and with regards to insurance if anything was damaged or stolen.

Thanks for your response.

Always buying 49er game used!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    The card does not mention my name. The Reds HOF have a simple insurance form where you the loaner describe the item(s) in detail, place your own value to be insured on them, and the length of the loan is at their discretion however you can always remove items...they just ask for 30 days notice if possible. Hope that helps, and GOOD LUCK, sounds awesome!

Re: My Cincinnati Reds / Joey Votto GRAIL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rchimes13@yahoo.com View Post
    The card does not mention my name. The Reds HOF have a simple insurance form where you the loaner describe the item(s) in detail, place your own value to be insured on them, and the length of the loan is at their discretion however you can always remove items...they just ask for 30 days notice if possible. Hope that helps, and GOOD LUCK, sounds awesome!
    Further to Ryan's point, the Reds HOF has put the loaner's name on certain placards for this year's displays. It might be a cultural thing that varies from city to city, but here in Cincinnati loaner names on placard's seem inappropriate to me. I noticed on a few item's this year that the title "MD" accompanied the loaner name.

Perhaps a thing to consider is whether you are compelled to have your name on the placard to feel a healthful pride of sharing wonderful items with other fans. For Reds HOF lenders, the prevailing answer seems to be that personal attention isn't necessary.