Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: PED's Baseball and Lance Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Who else has ever had a career year at almost age 39? I can think of two right off the top of me head....Clemens and Bonds.
    I reiterate you are talking about Power. Clemens and Bonds have both shown power going into later years.

Jeter has never shown any unexplained power or even speed for that matter.

He just has good hand - eye coordination.

If PED's somehow helps you see the ball and react better to it, then yes I would say you can throw Jeter into the bunch but until then I have only heard of the PED's help heal muscle mass quicker and providing more power. But then you may say the Greenies helped Rose??? lol

I think Lance Armstrong and Mark McGwire should create the cheaters tour and have Jeff Bagwell as the keynote speaker and Barry Bonds as the grand marshall.

Also, I can't wait to hear Pujol's or Jeter's excuse when they get caught.

How Ironic the only true clean player in baseball is the ex-drug addict Josh Hamilton.
    So, Josh Hamilton is the only clean baseball player?

Cool story.

Sincerely,

The majority of mlb players
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I think the fact Josh has taken a drug tests for several years two or three times a week keeps him clean in my book. I don't know of another play who has been more scrutinized.

Lance Armstrong claims he was tested over 500 times.

I have been told by both scouts and players PED's help improve your eye sight as well.

A large % of players are still using, there is just to much money in the game. Just because there is testing the system is flawed, cyclist, football players, boxers, olympians are still using.

I think Lance Armstrong and Mark McGwire should create the cheaters tour and have Jeff Bagwell as the keynote speaker and Barry Bonds as the grand marshall.

Also, I can't wait to hear Pujol's or Jeter's excuse when they get caught.

How Ironic the only true clean player in baseball is the ex-drug addict Josh Hamilton.
    Jeff Bagwell has never failed a test for PEDs and was not named in the Mitchell Report. While Bagwell may well have used, let's stick to the facts here and not throw Pujols and Jeter's names into the mix until we have conclusive proof.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    I would recommend checking out the stats for these players in their late 30s and early 40s on baseball reference.com. There may be others, but thought of these initially.

George Brett
    Hank Aaron
    Paul Molitor
    Mike Schmidt
    Pete Rose
    Tony Gwynn
    Warren Spahn
    Stan Musial
    George Brett - Age 38 .255 Age 39 .285 Age 40 .266

Hank Aaron - Age 39 he had a great year, not a career year. Age 38, 40, 41 he batted .234 to .265

Paul Molitor - He did have a career year at ages 37 and 39

Mike Schmidt - Age 38 & 39 batted .242 and .203

Pete Rose from age 39 to 45 Pete had one good year, not what I would call a carrer yer.

Tony Gwynn - From age 38 - 41 had some great averages for his age, but not career years. Also, Tonly was on the doughnut diet.

San Musial - Aside from batting .330 at age 41 he batted .255-.275 from ages 38-42

Jeter is not having a career year. He's not going to have career highs in home-runs, RBI's, hits or average.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Jeff Bagwell has never failed a test for PEDs and was not named in the Mitchell Report. While Bagwell may well have used, let's stick to the facts here and not throw Pujols and Jeter's names into the mix until we have conclusive proof.

I guess with Jeff's bud Ken Caminiti passing away we'll never know.

Banned

Who else has ever had a career year at almost age 39? I can think of two right off the top of me head....Clemens and Bonds.
    Ok I am really confused here. You said and your argument is Jeter is having a career year, am I correct? And in your most recent post you said all those or most of the players have had good years in there late 30's not career years. So if I am assuming correctly your saying thatJeter having a career year at this age unlike other players who have managed at one point in there late 30's to have good years implicates more so that Jeter may have taken some type of PED? If this is correct and I am understanding everything you are saying.

You are compltely wrong. If this is not your argument my further protest I apologize for ahead of time. I just checked Jeters stats and by the way he is not having a career year. If you look at his stats he is on pace to have a normal Jeter year. So where does this career year come from?

Jeter this year
    Hits 169 - He has hit over 200, 7 years previously
    BA. 324 - He has batted that or more 5 years previously
    Doubles 27 - He has batted over 30, 8 years previously
    Home Runs 13 - He has batted over that 8 years previously

Am I missing something? To where he is having a career year when he has done better in the past?
    And even though he still has some time left to add to his stats he is on pace to either matching them or falling a drop short. I dont see him all of a sudden doing something amazing with 38 games to go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

This is conclusive enough for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Ok I am really confused here. You said and your argument is Jeter is having a career year, am I correct? And in your most recent post you said all those or most of the players have had good years in there late 30's not career years. So if I am assuming correctly your saying thatJeter having a career year at this age unlike other players who have managed at one point in there late 30's to have good years implicates more so that Jeter may have taken some type of PED? If this is correct and I am understanding everything you are saying.

You are compltely wrong. If this is not your argument my further protest I apologize for ahead of time. I just checked Jeters stats and by the way he is not having a career year. If you look at his stats he is on pace to have a normal Jeter year. So where does this career year come from?

Jeter this year
    Hits 169 - He has hit over 200, 7 years previously
    BA. 324 - He has batted that or more 5 years previously
    Doubles 27 - He has batted over 30, 8 years previously
    Home Runs 13 - He has batted over that 8 years previously

Am I missing something? To where he is having a career year when he has done better in the past?
    And even though he still has some time left to add to his stats he is on pace to either matching them or falling a drop short. I dont see him all of a sudden doing something amazing with 38 games to go.
    He hasn't led the league in hits since 1999. I'd say to do it this year at his age is interesting.