Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

PED's Baseball and Lance Armstrong

I think Lance Armstrong and Mark McGwire should create the cheaters tour and have Jeff Bagwell as the keynote speaker and Barry Bonds as the grand marshall.

Also, I can't wait to hear Pujol's or Jeter's excuse when they get caught.

How Ironic the only true clean player in baseball is the ex-drug addict Josh Hamilton.

Re: PED's Baseball and Lance Armstrong

While I agree cheating at any given sport is bad for the sport, the $500 million he raised for cancer research as an indirect result of his cheating is hard to argue with. There are bigger things than the sport of cycling.

The inclusion of Jeter here in this sort of post is pretty weak.

I'd say there's a bigger chance of Hamilton using then jeter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I'd say there's a bigger chance of Hamilton using then jeter.
    I would agree with this. I am a bit chocked you would throw Jeter into the mix as he has never shown any kind of power and has been proven of his athleticism defenesively in the field as compared to other better short stops. The only thing I can give you on this would be his consistentcy to hit the ball and you dont need a drug for that you just need good hand eye coordination of where to place the bat when the ball comes........ which to add to this as ironic as it sounds I hear on the Yankees radio the other day, that Jeter is one of the leading canddiates of most strikeouts of our era. So its almost like Jeter contacts the ball and gets a single or makes no contact at all. Go figure!!

As far as Hamilton I truly love to believe he is clean at this point, but lets be realistic with power numbers that he has put up and lets not forget about smashing the home run record during the derby, if anyone may get a glance what he does behind closed doors, would be him.

Banned

I meant to putt hat Jeter has proven defensively in the field not to be the best short stop

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I would agree with this. I am a bit chocked you would throw Jeter into the mix as he has never shown any kind of power and has been proven of his athleticism defenesively in the field as compared to other better short stops. The only thing I can give you on this would be his consistentcy to hit the ball and you dont need a drug for that you just need good hand eye coordination of where to place the bat when the ball comes........ which to add to this as ironic as it sounds I hear on the Yankees radio the other day, that Jeter is one of the leading canddiates of most strikeouts of our era. So its almost like Jeter contacts the ball and gets a single or makes no contact at all. Go figure!!

As far as Hamilton I truly love to believe he is clean at this point, but lets be realistic with power numbers that he has put up and lets not forget about smashing the home run record during the derby, if anyone may get a glance what he does behind closed doors, would be him.

I think the fact Josh has taken a drug tests for several years two or three times a week keeps him clean in my book. I don't know of another play who has been more scrutinized.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I meant to putt hat Jeter has proven defensively in the field not to be the best short stop

Who else has ever had a career year at almost age 39? I can think of two right off the top of me head....Clemens and Bonds.

I would recommend checking out the stats for these players in their late 30s and early 40s on baseball reference.com. There may be others, but thought of these initially.

George Brett
    Hank Aaron
    Paul Molitor
    Mike Schmidt
    Pete Rose
    Tony Gwynn
    Warren Spahn
    Stan Musial

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Who else has ever had a career year at almost age 39? I can think of two right off the top of me head....Clemens and Bonds.
    See, this perfectly illustrates why Steroids and HGH have ruined the game for so many fans. No one is above reproach and every player now is considered a cheat by someone, somewhere.

I expect unsubstatiated whispers about Jose Bautista, Mike Trout, Chipper Jones, Mariano Rivera, Buster Posey, Stephen Strasburg, David Wright and Matt Holliday will come from "fans" and thoughtless blogging morons pretending to be Sportswriters (I'm looking at you, Skip Bayliss, you pompous blowhard)
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com