Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Post Office Theft and Media Blitz

Four months since the theft of a signed baseball glove, the US Postal Service is still giving a Burlingame, Ca. sports dealer a hard time--no info.

I sent the Buster Posey game glove to Lefty's Sports Cards in Burlingame but the glove disappeared in a sorting center. Now we are working on local TV stations to do a story about how a package can disappear in post office custody --- not in a third-world country but here!!!!

I'm helping because I'm the victim and a media guy-- a deadly combo. Film at 11....

Dave Silverbrand

Re: Post Office Theft and Media Blitz

I once had a huge guitar display vanish. It shipped from TX and it made it to Indianapolis and then just disappeared within the sorting facility. I mean.. it was definitely too big to just fall behind something and not be seen.
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

That is the reason why I always purchase insurance on items over $800, better safe then sorry.

I'm going through that now. Sent a bat to a member and it's been a week and a half. Tracking just says sent to sort facility. Sent it at the same time as another bat and that one arrived a week ago. Luckily I purchased insurance.

Banned

Stuff gets misplaced and lost from time to time, which is why the post office offers insurance. I'm not sure what is newsworthy, unless there is a pattern within this local post office of missing packages to a dealer/collector's shipping address.

As a shipper, you are taking a risk not purchasing the optional insurance that they charge. Otherwise, one missing package is not newsworthy unless there is a pattern of several packages being lost shipped to the same person. That would indicate a pattern of theft and concern.

insurance is ok. but if the item can't be replaced, what good is the money? money i can get by various means, a rare and unique item, i can't.
    i posted some time ago about a bat i won that got "lost" and or destroyed in the mail. the seller refunded my money in full which was great. but i am still out of the bat and still looking for another one.