Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Fake Canseco Game Used Bat? - Help needed

I'd take the paypal refund and move on. I was looking at his other bats that seller recently sold. Do they look legit?..... some big names in there. Good luck on finding another Jose bat, there are legit one's out there just have to search. Seems he is one of those player's that has a pretty big game used collector following. Probally quite a bit of his stuff squirled away in permanent collections. Makes it sweeter though when you do get a nice game used piece from Jose....

Hi Everyone,

After hearing about this situation with an individual I've dealt with before I'm even more upset at the two extremely lowball offers I just received for two of the bats I have for sale.

This guy (prhitking4256) actually offered me $375 for the 1983 Rawlings Steve Carlton gamer and $400 for the 1990 Yount gamer. I know I shouldn't, but I take offers like these as a personal insult! It's like he thinks I'm dumb enough to think that a Carlton or Yount game used bat is only worth that amount! PUH-LEASE!

I hope you are able to get your money back. Even though you don't have proof right now that he was the one that doctored the bat if he was the one that admitted it was the same bat he probably knows about the doctoring.

I've got another issue with that seller but I won't disclose it since I have no proof. However, if you compare closely the items sold by cnotes100 (NARU'd) and prhitking4256 you will notice some interesting things with the bidding and with their locations.
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=1&completed=1

Tim Byington
    t_byington@yahoo.com

I accepted the full refund rather than opening an ebay dispute. The funds are now pending, and I shall return the bat when I receive cleared payment.

All I can say is that the seller dealt with the matter courteously and didn't dispute the obvious. I think the pictures speak for themselves. I don't know who doctored the bat, and never will, so I won't make any claim I cannot support without the necessary evidence.

I do not intend to drag the seller's name through the mud, but feel that documenting the transaction can be a positive thing. I hope this thread can provide a reference point for any member who may have any future dealings with the seller.

I'll just be happy to get the bat off my hands.

I want to let the forum members know that this bat has been returned to prhitking4256. I only make this known now due to the number of Canseco gamers that have been cropping up lately. There's a definite market there for Jose's game used equipment. I know there are quite a few Canseco collectors here and would ask that they be on the lookout in case this bat finds its way back into the hobby.

this bat is now back on ebay again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110113702862

'round and 'round it goes.

rudy.

forgot to mention, the original seller - prhitking4256 - is in maineville, ohio.
    the current seller - c-notes100 - is also in maineville, ohio.

in neither of their feedback logs is there a record of those 2 transacting this canseco bat.

rudy.

Hey guys, you're on it already. I saw it today on the bay and decided to pop over and give you all a heads up. Yeah, this is the same bat and most definitely the same seller. He is Maineville, Ohio. I had the bat shipped back to him after all the hassle last time.

I'll be reporting this to ebay.