Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Whats Wrong With This Picture???

Here is something I noticed, I thought it was pretty funny. Not that its that hard to catch but lets see who else can???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Whats Wrong With This Picture???

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Here is something I noticed, I thought it was pretty funny. Not that its that hard to catch but lets see who else can???
    It was very common for Topps to airbrush over a ball cap when a player was traded from one team to another back in the day. The fact that they didn't airbrush the jersey is pretty funny.

Can someone find the completed trading card as this I assume was their inventory photo used for a card, so if someone can find a picture of the final trading card we can see if they eventually removed the jersey lettering or airbrushed it also.

Banned

1974 Yankees Wayne Granger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    1974 Yankees Wayne Granger
    That's cool - You can see how the blacked out part of the lettering so it looked like the top of the Yankee logo in the final card. That's why the whole team name wasn't painted over. Neat find.

Banned

Question Re: Whats Wrong With This Picture???

Airbrushing was even done in some of the late 1950s/early 1960s sets, and some of the results were hilarious. Ray Jablonski had a previous team's uniform airbrushed into a Cuvs VEST (1957 set); Bob Cerv was shown in a pinstriped KC A's uniform (cap airbrush on a Yankees photo, 1958 set). And there's no telling just WHAT team attire Ray Ripplemeyer is wearing on his artisticall-rendered 1961 Topps card...but it isn't the Reds.

Dave Miedema

where is one i was contemplating bidding on awhile back. heres one yankee uniform that cannot be photomatched.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.