Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New Chargers game used dealer

Good point about the wear. Makes sure to ask questions before making an offer. I'm guessing that when the season shirts come in you'll see more wear and if they do it right, they will be dated.

I have it from a good source that to get a contract, you pay the team about 100K for a certain number of shirts.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    they are prob just left over inventory they wanted to get rid of b/c of the Nike switch and were used a few times
    I spoke to the owner of the shop. You are correct. He said the Chargers steam clean the jersey and put them into storage. I guess my concern was it worn in a regular season or preseason as the Chargers dont different between the two.

Jojo

Actually I went back and checked my notes. The source from an NFL team told me to be an official game used seller, they were looking for around $150,000 for about 100 jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Actually I went back and checked my notes. The source from an NFL team told me to be an official game used seller, they were looking for around $150,000 for about 100 jerseys.
    Eric,

If what you've been told is accurate, and the cost per-jersey to the seller is $1,500 per jersey, I don't believe there's any way the seller can make enough money off the resale of the game used jerseys to warrant that kind of investment. Of course what the team is "looking for" and what they get may differ. Even if investing $100K for 100 jerseys I think the seller would have a difficult time turning a profit. I'm interested in knowing more about the business model if you have more in your notes. For example, is the $150K/100 jerseys based on a per-year basis or over a couple of seasons? Obviously there would have to be some discussion between the team and game used seller on which players' jerseys are included in the 100. It's interesting to get a glimpse of the seller side.

Jason

Banned

I would think that 150k is insane unless you are talking like Packers, Steelers or Pats. The Chargers only have one player, Rivers who sells near even 3k. You would be lucky to get a grand for most of the other guys.

Rivers usually has a 4K initial pricetag. Don't forget Antonio Gates. People will pay for Ryan Mathews who is a young star (when healthy).

In past years, LaDainian Tomlinson, Vincent Jackson, Shawne Merriman were top tier guys. If you figure they get 5 of each jersey on a list, you're right it seems tough to make your money back...

Do you guys think this is a Butler game issued jersey instead of game used? I look up his stats and it said he was out the whole entire year in 2010. Then in 2011 Spikes took his jersey number 51 according to the description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Diego-Ch...item2574fb3aff

Quote Originally Posted by Texans View Post
    Do you guys think this is a Butler game issued jersey instead of game used? I look up his stats and it said he was out the whole entire year in 2010. Then in 2011 Spikes took his jersey number 51 according to the description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Diego-Ch...item2574fb3aff

I brought this up with the seller (Sean). There is no way this jersey was worn in the 2010 season. To my knowledge the Chargers don't wear powder blue in the preseason and Butler was on IR for the regular season. I also believe the white Butler jersey was never worn by Butler, but was a Tim Dobbins jersey with the Butler nameplate added after the Dobbins nameplate was removed. You can see the outline of a previous nameplate on the white jersey.

I also know the person who owns the Vincent Brown powder blue jersey that was worn against Denver and Baltimore last season. For this reason I don't believe the V. Brown powder blue jersey for sale by this Sean is game used. These three above-mentioned jerseys, as well as the lack of any apparent game use on the majority of the jerseys offered, I'm highly skeptical of all the jerseys being sold by Sean as game used. While I believe that Sean has a contract with the Chargers and that the jerseys originated from the Chargers (based on a conversation I've had with him), I have doubts about the jerseys he currently has for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    To my knowledge the Chargers don't wear powder blue in the preseason
    They do not wear throwbacks until the regular season

Does this Sean guy you're talking about have a last name?

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    I brought this up with the seller (Sean). There is no way this jersey was worn in the 2010 season. To my knowledge the Chargers don't wear powder blue in the preseason and Butler was on IR for the regular season. I also believe the white Butler jersey was never worn by Butler, but was a Tim Dobbins jersey with the Butler nameplate added after the Dobbins nameplate was removed. You can see the outline of a previous nameplate on the white jersey.

I also know the person who owns the Vincent Brown powder blue jersey that was worn against Denver and Baltimore last season. For this reason I don't believe the V. Brown powder blue jersey for sale by this Sean is game used. These three above-mentioned jerseys, as well as the lack of any apparent game use on the majority of the jerseys offered, I'm highly skeptical of all the jerseys being sold by Sean as game used. While I believe that Sean has a contract with the Chargers and that the jerseys originated from the Chargers (based on a conversation I've had with him), I have doubts about the jerseys he currently has for sale.