Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Chargers game used dealer

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    I brought this up with the seller (Sean). There is no way this jersey was worn in the 2010 season. To my knowledge the Chargers don't wear powder blue in the preseason and Butler was on IR for the regular season. I also believe the white Butler jersey was never worn by Butler, but was a Tim Dobbins jersey with the Butler nameplate added after the Dobbins nameplate was removed. You can see the outline of a previous nameplate on the white jersey.

I also know the person who owns the Vincent Brown powder blue jersey that was worn against Denver and Baltimore last season. For this reason I don't believe the V. Brown powder blue jersey for sale by this Sean is game used. These three above-mentioned jerseys, as well as the lack of any apparent game use on the majority of the jerseys offered, I'm highly skeptical of all the jerseys being sold by Sean as game used. While I believe that Sean has a contract with the Chargers and that the jerseys originated from the Chargers (based on a conversation I've had with him), I have doubts about the jerseys he currently has for sale.

When you brought this up was he willing to change the description to game issue?

The full name Sean gave me is Sean McIntosh and he seemed reasonable when speaking with him.

When I brought up the issues with the Butler jerseys on September 1 he told me he would address them with the Chargers staff (Chris Lee and Amy Klutz of Corporate Partnerships) on September 4. If he did bring it up, he never shared what they told him. He seems content to point to his contract that he states he has with the Chargers and that the Chargers provided the jerseys telling him that the jerseys are game worn. For him, that was enough to certify them as game worn. When I last looked, the Chargers did have a banner on their team website that advertised Sean's company.

I looked at all of the jerseys he's selling and I own multiple jerseys of nine of the players whose "game worn" jersey he's selling. In each of the nine cases, the jerseys I own are consistent in cut, customization and wear. Admittedly wear can differ substantially from game to game. Nevertheless, all nine of the jerseys I compared to those Sean's selling showed Sean's jerseys having virtually no use when compared to the ones I own. In the photos alone, his jerseys look pristine and not dry cleaned. Furthermore, in almost every instance the jersey being sold did not match the customizations or cut of the jerseys I own. Specifically, I compared the jerseys of Jammer, English, Sproles, Dielman, Philips, Spikes, Brown, Tolbert and Butler. I also compared jerseys of Scifres and Binn of whom I own one jersey each.

For all these reasons, I'm very skeptical that the jerseys are legitimately game worn Chargers jerseys. As a Chargers collector I'd really like them to be legitimate. I suggested that he bring up all of these issues with the Chargers and request some form of written assurance of the jersey authenticity so that the Chargers share in the product authenticity and liability.

I'm not the Chargers expert that Eric is, and I'm interested in his observations and those of other Chargers collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by jbcindc View Post
    The full name Sean gave me is Sean McIntosh and he seemed reasonable when speaking with him.

When I brought up the issues with the Butler jerseys on September 1 he told me he would address them with the Chargers staff (Chris Lee and Amy Klutz of Corporate Partnerships) on September 4. If he did bring it up, he never shared what they told him. He seems content to point to his contract that he states he has with the Chargers and that the Chargers provided the jerseys telling him that the jerseys are game worn. For him, that was enough to certify them as game worn. When I last looked, the Chargers did have a banner on their team website that advertised Sean's company.

I looked at all of the jerseys he's selling and I own multiple jerseys of nine of the players whose "game worn" jersey he's selling. In each of the nine cases, the jerseys I own are consistent in cut, customization and wear. Admittedly wear can differ substantially from game to game. Nevertheless, all nine of the jerseys I compared to those Sean's selling showed Sean's jerseys having virtually no use when compared to the ones I own. In the photos alone, his jerseys look pristine and not dry cleaned. Furthermore, in almost every instance the jersey being sold did not match the customizations or cut of the jerseys I own. Specifically, I compared the jerseys of Jammer, English, Sproles, Dielman, Philips, Spikes, Brown, Tolbert and Butler. I also compared jerseys of Scifres and Binn of whom I own one jersey each.

For all these reasons, I'm very skeptical that the jerseys are legitimately game worn Chargers jerseys. As a Chargers collector I'd really like them to be legitimate. I suggested that he bring up all of these issues with the Chargers and request some form of written assurance of the jersey authenticity so that the Chargers share in the product authenticity and liability.

I'm not the Chargers expert that Eric is, and I'm interested in his observations and those of other Chargers collectors.
    Here's a good test- If the Jammer jersey doesn't stink to high heaven, it hasn't been worn.
    Years ago I had one that smelled so bad, I had to get rid of it. It stank up my apartment. And I had to warn the buyer how bad it was....
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Here's a good test- If the Jammer jersey doesn't stink to high heaven, it hasn't been worn.
    Years ago I had one that smelled so bad, I had to get rid of it. It stank up my apartment. And I had to warn the buyer how bad it was....
    LOL. Sounds like that Seinfeld episode.

Eric, do you know if this new Chargers dealer is related to American Icon Autographs? I know they're in RB as well.

RB Sportscards is not related to American Icon Autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    LOL. Sounds like that Seinfeld episode.

Eric, do you know if this new Chargers dealer is related to American Icon Autographs? I know they're in RB as well.
    As tjjmarshall stated, they are not related. Both of us know the American Icon owner very well. Thats why I asked if "Sean" had a last name, because I didn't want there being any confusion between Sean at American Icon and this guy. I've never personally gone to the RB Sports place, but its not far from me, so I can if needed.