• This is an irresponsible post and has been shut down

2 50.00%
  • This is an irresponsible post and has been shut down

2 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drew Brees Helmet on Bricol

Bricol Sports Auctions had a game used drew brees helmet for sale

https://www.bricolsportsauction.com/...TEMS&ItemID=40

Surprise, surprise to the winner who is suppossed to pay over $1500. The number on the helmet is not even close to the number on his helmet in the picture from the game. Look at the bottom of the #9, it is right in front of your nose. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Drew Brees Helmet on Bricol

***accusatory Response To Incorrect Information Has Been Edited***

Howard,

Please explain the difference between the Bricol helmet and the one that sold directly from the NFL with the NFL tagging...Stcik to baseball and the Phillies. Once again this forum jumps to incorrect conclusions because evryone on here is an expert

Now if you guys had made these irresponsible accusations as to the authenticity of the item while it was still at auction, do think that is fair to the auction house and the seller. You could have cost both money. Further, what about the authenticator - he did his job, but because perception is reality everyone here would think it was a mistake because of the irresponsible posting. You are policing them, but who is policing YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by chargersfreak
    Bricol Sports Auctions had a game used drew brees helmet for sale

Surprise, surprise to the winner who is suppossed to pay over $1500. The number on the helmet is not even close to the number on his helmet in the picture from the game. Look at the bottom of the #9, it is right in front of your nose. Thoughts?
    This is a completely irresponsible post.
    #1, it is from the 2002 throwback game versus the jets. A matching photo can be seen here
    Name:  2002brees.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  35.1 KB
    Secondly I had looked into bidding on the item and got the psa/dna number from Brian at Bricol. I looked up the number in the PSA/DNA database and it indeed matched the correct one for the Brees helmet.
    Do NOT jump to conclusions and do NOT rush to judgment. We MUST deal in facts here. I have been having to say that too much recently.
    Thank you
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    This is a completely irresponsible post.
    #1, it is from the 2002 throwback game versus the jets. Eric
    Obviously your reading skills have gone by the wayside, Eric. The title of the auction is "DREW BREES 2004 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAME USED RIDDELL HELMET"

LOOK AT IT AGAIN! This is not an irresponsible post, if you learned how to read, the seller claims that this is a 2004 helmet and it does not photo match for 2004 . If it is in fact a 2002 helmet, and the seller made a mistake, he should still be responsible to notify the buyer, because maybe the buyer wanted a 2004 helmet as oppossed to a 2002. You should check your facts, before you make accusations.

I'm sure this post will be removed by you, because that's all you do, remove posts that you do not agree with, but as long as you know that you're wrong and I'm right, that's all I need.

Eric,

Thank you for your diligence in this matter. This forum will lose credibility if you all start bashing items without being positive about what you are talking about. Further, you may cause auction houses and consigners to lose money. In my opinion, I think that Howard let his impulse of trying to take another "shot" at Lou Lampson and auction houses that use him affect his better judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by chargersfreak
    Obviously your reading skills have gone by the wayside, Eric. The title of the auction is "DREW BREES 2004 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAME USED RIDDELL HELMET"

LOOK AT IT AGAIN! This is not an irresponsible post, if you learned how to read, the seller claims that this is a 2004 helmet and it does not photo match for 2004 . If it is in fact a 2002 helmet, and the seller made a mistake, he should still be responsible to notify the buyer, because maybe the buyer wanted a 2004 helmet as oppossed to a 2002. You should check your facts, before you make accusations.

I'm sure this post will be removed by you, because that's all you do, remove posts that you do not agree with, but as long as you know that you're wrong and I'm right, that's all I need.
    Actually I'm not going edit your post, I think it's something that should be seen by your fellow forum members.

The reason I edited your original post was not because I disagreed with it, but rather as a favor to you. You started a poll which suggested that Bricol Sports Auctions sold a fake helmet. It is not a fake helmet, the year was just misidentified. There is a big difference.

Your comments suggested they sold fake items could be seen as libelous, and they could claim you were costing them business.

A different approach here would have been to make a post saying something like "Did anyone notice the 2004 Drew Brees throwback helmet does not match the photos of the game?" Then include the photo from your original post.
    Someone would have followed it identifying it as a 2002. Then we wouldn't have had the cries that the sky is falling over at Bricol.
    Eric

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU
    Eric,

Thank you for your diligence in this matter. This forum will lose credibility if you all start bashing items without being positive about what you are talking about. Further, you may cause auction houses and consigners to lose money. In my opinion, I think that Howard let his impulse of trying to take another "shot" at Lou Lampson and auction houses that use him affect his better judgement.
    No impulse post here, CollectGU.

Eric, you want just the facts, correct? How about this. Lampson writes a letter indicating the helmet is from a specific season and missed the mark by 2 years and also the fact that it was used for a single game.

Is this the first time we have seen LOA's from Lampson with mistakes? No.

Eric, we have asked time and time again for a Lampson phone number or address, yet, have never heard from him or the auction houses that employ his services. I have never seen a LOA issued by any credible entity that does not have some sort of contact information included.

People are paying top dollar for these items, and also for the security of knowing it is used/worn during a specific year, thus the LOA. Maybe you can accept these blunders as a simple mistake, however, I for one have had my fill of worthless LOA's and auction houses that have a "no return policy" that ultimately leave the buyer out in the cold.

Eric and Chris-I understand you are both trying to play nice in the sandbox, however, let's not pussyfoot around such serious issues as those discussed on this thread and related to this issue on past threads. If you continue to edit posts, and readers forced to be selective in their topics, the goal of this forum will be seriously compromised.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

I am bored with your whole "Lou is the worst" ramblings. He is certainly no better or worse than Dave Bushing and MEARS. By the way, lots of people have Lou's phone number and contact info...Also, why should he have to speak with you directly, you didn't hire him the auction houses did. If you have a concern voice it to them, and they should contact Lou with your concern and get back to you. If he posted his phone number, he would be harassed by every collector asking him to look at something on ebay or pick his brain on tagging, .., etc...Denny Esken had to disconnect his number for this very reason...