Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is an irresponsible post and has been shut down

2 50.00%
  • This is an irresponsible post and has been shut down

2 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Drew Brees Helmet on Bricol

Everyone please stop the personal attacks. I have made a statement about this and other recent events in the game used memorabilia discussion folder.
    Thank you
    Eric

Banned

CollectGu-
    Are you serious with your statement regarding Lou Lampson, "He is certainly no better or worse than Dave Bushing and MEARS". and "why should he have to speak with you directly, you didn't hire him the auction houses did"?

Let me simply address your statements by informing you that the folks at MEARS have a published phone number, address, and live web site. Any individual purchasing an item with a MEARS letter also receives a worksheet explaining how the item was graded. Questions? No problem. Just call, write, fax or email the folks at MEARS. They will gladly comunicate with you.

Likewise, they offer a full money back offer on all items that have their LOA, should a problem surface.

A collector not only can't contact Lampson, likewise, there is no money back offer should an item with his LOA be discovered to have an issue(s).

Regardles of who pays Lampson, an individual should be able to communicate with him or ask follow-up questions about an item that has his LOA.

Do you still believe Lampson and MEARS are equal?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    Likewise, they offer a full money back offer on all items that have their LOA, should a problem surface.

A collector not only can't contact Lampson, likewise, there is no money back offer should an item with his LOA be discovered to have an issue(s).

Regardless of who pays Lampson, an individual should be able to communicate with him or ask follow-up questions about an item that has his LOA.

Do you still believe Lampson and MEARS are equal?
    Does it make a difference if Lou Lampson authenticates all by himself and MEARS is a team of professionals?

Maybe Lou needs to hire a staff and go full time with his operation where people can contact his office. Then he could have items sent in to him for authentication from the general public. Maybe with a few major auction houses using him exclusively, the thought is Lou isn't responsible, the auction house is?

I remember the old days when I could call Milt Byron, give him a play-by-play of a hockey jersey I was holding and he would tell me if it was authentic or not. Yeah, me and my old team used to buy quite a bit of stuff from him, but he was helpful where I didn't want his letter, I wanted his word.

Howard,

Again you miss my point. If you have a question with regards to an item authenticated by Lou, you can go through the auction house with your question and have it answered. Further, it is the responsibility of the auction house to offer a customer their money back, not Lou. I know of people who have asked for and received refunds on items by the auction house with Lou's LOA when a mistake was made. Let me start by saying that their business is extremely difficult because no one discusses their successes, only their failures. I believe that Lou is superior authenticator when it comes to Football and basketball jerseys than MEARS. I think MEARS is superior on all baseball jerseys (but with the retirement of Dan Knoll hurt them).
    Last, Lou's choice to remain private and not be bothered by collectors and hobbyists is fine with me. Ask Denny Esken what an incovenience it is to have your phone number known to the hobby so that you are getting phone call at all hours of the night. Lou is not openly solliciting business from the general public like MEARS, rather he concentrates on doing work for auction houses and not so much the general public, so he doesn't need or want an online venue....