Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Tony, Hope You Enjoy This Game Used 2009 Bat - All the Best, Alex Rodriguez

Awesome bat Tony!!
    I haven't been following the board much lately so I'm sure I missed it but what Rawlings bat are you talking about and what was the deal with it that he wanted it?
    Congrats again.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by maverick14 View Post
    Awesome bat Tony!!
    I haven't been following the board much lately so I'm sure I missed it but what Rawlings bat are you talking about and what was the deal with it that he wanted it?
    Congrats again.
    A while back, I bought what I believed to be was a 1996 Rawlings HR #15 game used bat. Documentation seemed solid, which came from Sports Collectors Digest (SCD), signed by Tory Kinnunen, Letter from Arod Authenticated, signed by Arod, PSA, etc. Of course, I had to dig deeper and wanted to photomatch, so I contacted the Mariners and Red Sox and obtained video o the actual game. Long story short, he used a Louisville Slugger and not a Rawlings bat. Of course I was pissed when I found out. Anyway, a couple years later, it's finally been resolved and I am more than satisified.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Tony just to add I know your trying to photomatch i to the World Series but you do realize when this bat was dated there was still 38 regular season games left and all together including playoffs.

So he may have used this one during a regular game or playoffs. I would check them all if I were you and then I would say
    "Suave I photomatched the bat, what is your address because I want to ship it to you?" lmaooo
    SUAVE, LMAO!! Yeah, Joel told me the same thing also. Of course, matching it to a World Series game would be icing on the cake. I was focussing on the World Series because of the few photos I game across, where I could see pine tar around the centerband. I checked Getty Images and Corbis, and found a few pics before the playoffs, but they weren't large enough to see. And for some reason, MLB.TV doesn't have archived games from 2009, which makes it a little rougher and limits my resources.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Cool story & great bat Tony!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Just an awesome bat Tony! Probably the best Arod bat I have seen. I remember following your post a few years ago and empathizing with your frustrations; glad it worked out and then some. Could not have happened to a better guy. Best- Joe

Tony, whats your email? I have a way to track down the 09 games on MLB.tv, I will send you the link.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer35 View Post
    Tony, whats your email? I have a way to track down the 09 games on MLB.tv, I will send you the link.
    Arod13tb@yahoo.com
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

$50 if you help find a photomatch
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat,

Thanks for the link! Able to watch all games from 2009. Appreciate it!!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Tony! Great story man, glad Arod made it better. Totally jealous. I need one of those in my collection now. There's nothing like a hammered Arod bat. Especially from his WS winning year.
    Gary
    gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars