Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Albert Pujols World Series Bats

Here are a couple of pictures from the Louisville Slugger factory of them making the World Series bats. I would like to have one of those Pujols bats.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Albert Pujols World Series Bats

Too bad he doesn't use them!

Banned

Great photo! From my experience with the 2005 Astros, very few of these ever get used in the actual World Series. I purchased a Chris Burke bat a few weeks before the end of the 2006 season that was a 2005 World Series bat. Most of the time, these end up with the rest of the "normal" bats.

For Pujols, I have noticed he has been using LS M9 bats with a finish in the playoffs. Jeff Scott could probably tell us if he has discerned anything from tracking Pujols.

On a side note, does LS still make LCS bats for the guys. I haven't seen one in some time. I know Rawlings still makes them and designates as such on the knob stampings.

Thanks,

I'm certain Jeff Scott knows more than I, but most of Albert's success at the plate this postseason seems to have come using natural Sam bats. In fact, I think he used the same Sam bat in both Game 1 and Game 2 of the World Series. The ball marks always look black on camera, but I'm certain they'd have a gold shimmer to them if you were examining the bat in person. I have one of Albert's 2004 World Series bats with many gold ball marks on the barrel (that also appear black from a distance).

Has anyone else noticed Pudge using the World Series bats?

It will be interesting to see what hits the market once the Series ends...

Go Cards,
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    Here are a couple of pictures from the Louisville Slugger factory of them making the World Series bats. I would like to have one of those Pujols bats.
    Those are great pics! The machine operater is a real company man as he is wearing Louisville batting gloves!!!

We bought several of the 2004 Cardinals and Red Sox run of LS World Series bats and most of those bats showed no use. Some of them had bat rack marks.

I tried photo matching and the barrel lettering was too small to read.

They still make great collectibles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    I'm certain Jeff Scott knows more than I, but most of Albert's success at the plate this postseason seems to have come using natural Sam bats. In fact, I think he used the same Sam bat in both Game 1 and Game 2 of the World Series. The ball marks always look black on camera, but I'm certain they'd have a gold shimmer to them if you were examining the bat in person.
    When Albert hit that laser shot to the left fielder in last nights game, they showed him in the dugout examining the marks on the barrel, and you are right---they were black marks. The gold probably blended in with the color of the bat on the TV screen (even in HD).

Seems like he has been using the blonde SAM bats.

I have some of the White Sox 2005 World Series bats that I won in the recent Lelands auction. None show use or player numbers on the knob/barrel end. A few have rack marks while others are mint.

Steve Smith
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    Too bad he doesn't use them!
    I was watching game 1 of the World Series and when Pujols came up to bat I believe he was using a blonde LVS M9 in his first at bat.

Bobby

Banned

Steve,

You must have been the one that outbid me on those 2005 Sox bats. I was the high bidder on the group of 4 Astros bats. The bats I got showed no use, and any marks were from other bats in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    The machine operater is a real company man as he is wearing Louisville batting gloves!!!
    That's pretty funny. Good eyes, Andrew.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.