With the minor league baseball season coming to an end, I've been trying to acquire some game used items from the season. It seems like most minor league teams sell bats, jerseys, and sometimes caps, but what about the other items? I have contacted the local teams in my area (Northern California) and even spoken to people that work for the teams in person. I asked if there ways any way I could get something game used other than jerseys or bats (I would like to have at least ONE full uniform from those teams), even offered cash, and was met with a resounding "No." Why is this? I know that there are some minor league teams and even players that give people all kinds of things, but I have never had any such luck, including being at what I thought was the right place at the right time. Many teams now have blocked access to the players' parking lots so you can't really ask players anymore. I had some luck last year with players giving me items, but not this year. Someone that worked for one team tried to get me some non-jersey items but then told me later via email that "the clubhouse will only release the jerseys".

I know that MiLB teams re-use pants over and over again and stitch them up if they are ripped or have holes, but I know they have to get rid of them at some point. Players have told me that the club keeps the pants and jerseys and the players take with them things that they may need for the off season (winter leagues, etc.) and everything else gets GETS THROWN AWAY. Here I am ready, willing, and able to take random game used items but apparently they would rather throw them away.

Does anyone have any advice or have any info as to why things are this way? Does anyone share my frustration?