Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

Was Pete Rose definitely part of the Scoreboard product line?

As regards the players like Schmidt that were part of the product line, how often do their Scoreboard jerseys show up for auction on eBay or elsewhere?

I have not seen an unusual number of 1989 Rose Reds home jerseys on the market -- meaning that I rarely see one, just as I rarely see Rose jerseys from any other particular year (besides maybe 1985).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    I can't really tell if you are kidding or serious?! I detailed my issues with the jersey above. Based on reasearch, i think it is a scoreboard jersey. I am sseing if someone has tagging of a common player from 1989 that matches this Rose tagging. I am also hoping Dave chimes in on this since his LOA is attached...

I'm 100% serious.

Banned

Exclamation Re: 1989 Pete Rose Gamer on ebay

I agree the tag inconsitency exists, but, like Chuck, I've never seen a quantity of 1989 home Rose jerseys in the marketplace. As for the 1990-91 Rawlings tag being on a 1989 jersey, I believe way back in the dark ages, I posted photos of a couple of Mets commons with the 90-91 tag on 1989 jerseys on the MEARS site. It's rare, to be sure, but, until there's proof that Rose was a Score Board participant, I stand by my call.

Dave Miedema

Thanks for the info. Dave. If anyone has or can post commons from 1989 with the 1990-1 tagging that would debunk my theory. Anyone else have any 1989 commons?

Here is an 1989 Rose gamer with proper tagging for 1989:

Also notice the font size, NOB, and logo size difference between the more common tagged 1989 Rose jersey I postedand the offered ebay jersey. Which is proper for the Reds in 1989:

Any chance that somewhere a long the line, the letters where taken from a legit Rose gamer and add to this one?

That American Memorabilia jersey looks new and unused to me.

Another potential wrinkle here is that Cable Value Network sold Rose Reds home jerseys on 23-Aug-89 and maybe 24-Aug-89 (= the day that he was banned from Baseball). I would assume that these were replica jerseys of some sort, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    Here is the tag from my 1989 Browning jersey.
    Can you please post some photos of the outside collar and inside stitching on Browning's name? Thanks.

Super Moderator

Hopefully this helps, I recently met Ken at the National so thought I'd just go to the source. I've known Ken for 12 years via fantasy baseball. Met him for the first time in Baltimore when he was promoting his new auction goldinauctions. See below, hopefully this helps. While it can't speak to this specific jersey, at least it gives us an answer on Rose. I know he does have a relationship with Rose. You probably saw on ESPN that he is auctioning off Rose's MLB banishment contract. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/83...-auction-block Anyways, below is the reply he sent when I asked about this jersey. Hope it helps.

Post on there you spoke to ken goldin and in 89-91 rawlings would allow SB to order jerseys that were basically "game ready" and had year and set tags in them. Pete Rose jerseys were signed and sold with set tags in them
    Also post my email. Ken@goldinauctions.com and tell them I am open to individually helping out any collector who emails me, and would like to post at GUU but no forum operator currently exists to activate accounts.

This should ingratiate me with the group, until I have an account.